Chapter 3 - The Male Lead

I met the Male Lead when I was 14 years old.

Spring.

It was during social season. There were balls and parties almost every evening. The highlight would be the Debutante Ball in the Crystal Palace, hosted by the Royal family, where the noble sons and daughters who turned 16 years old must make their social debut.

An informal afternoon party hosted by my cousin, the Crown Prince Julius Helios.

It was the last party that he hosted before he debut into the society.

That was where I met Lucas Maxwell, the Male Lead.

And the day I knew I was actually living in world inside a novel.

Of course, the Empire name and the countries surrounding it, the Royal family surname, some of the noble families - I felt a little familiar with those, but I did not recall where and when I exactly heard them before.

Most of the novel was set in a battlefield far away from the capital. So that was probably why I could not make the connection before meeting the Male Lead.

Anyway.

Man.

He caught everyone attention the moment he entered the room that day.

The shining silver hair stood out in contrast to his slightly tanned skin. The piercing ocean blue eyes was so mesmerizing. His face was sharp as if it was chiseled to perfection. And even when he was wearing a formal attire for the occasion, it cannot hide his well sculptured muscular body. 

As expected of the heir of the Ducal House of Maxwell family, the Commander of the best knight brigade in the Empire! The result of his hard training was obviously visible.

He was my ideal type. Look at that solid body! And that perfect face!

I was drooling inside.

Ahem.

It was inappropriate thought for an adult soul in a pubescent young lady body to have. But in my defense, he already looked like a proper adult even though he was 16 years old!

Of course, he was way hotter now.

Anyway, that's how I met him.

End of flashback.

Now it's time to take action.

What should I packed? How much money should I bring? Where do I run off to? Hm, leaving this fortress-like house quietly isn't a problem for me, but...

As I was busy thinking, I heard a knock on my door.

"Young Master Lucas is here to see you, my lady."

I heard Sarah voice from the other side.

Why does this hunk always come unannounced? I really wasn't in the mood to see him, but I can't send him away. He has an animal instinct, so he'd become suspicious straight away!

"Yes. Let him in!"

Crap! The pregnancy test paper!

I hastily threw it away in the fireplace. Just as I turned around, I saw that Greek God-like Lucas Maxwell. Even more of a hunk than the first time I saw him.

"Uh, hi, Luke! What's up?"

Instead of answering, he approached me, put his hands around my waist, then slightly lowered himself to place a soft kiss on my lips.

What's up with this couple-like act he's been behaving recently? He was always such a tease. It's not like I'd fall for that.

I raised my eyebrows and look at him questioningly.