Chapter 30 - Gregory's unexpected visit

"Eehhh??! Father knew where I am after reading my second letter?? It can't be! Unbelievable!!"

I cried out loud.

"How come?"

I grumbled.

Gregory had told me his experience in war, and how the words I said to him five years ago inspired his strategic operation. He questioned how I knew something about Selene, the red-haired magician. He told me that he met Avery in the South Kingdom, and that was how he came to know where I was.

None of that mattered to me now.

But the fact that Father had found me out only less than two weeks after I disappeared appealed to me the most.

Greg smirked at me, looking rather satisfied at my disheartened face.

Why are you the one who was looking so smug and satisfied, dummy?!

"I thought my plan was foolproof!"

I sighed.

"Well, think again on who were you trying to fool! We're the Reynolds!"

Greg laughed.

In the first place, I knew my plan was full of holes. I just didn't wanna admit that it was quickly seen through. I planned it in a rush but I calculated it rather thoroughly. Although it was not a perfect plan, I still expect that it would take at least ten months before they found out where I am.

By that time, I would've already given birth. There would be enough time to explain what had happened to me to my parents and Greg.

And by that time, Lucas would forget everything about me as he falls more deeply in love with Selene. He wouldn't have time to be curious about me and the father of my children. Even if he does, at the very least, I can safely claim that the children aren't his.

I need to make new plans. Greg and my parents cannot know that I'm pregnant.

They must not know!

"Um, Greg. Now that you have seen me alive and kicking, why don't you go back? Besides, leaving a battlefield for a mere personal reason is unacceptable, don't you think?"

"Allyssa..."

Greg uttered my name in a sigh. He stared helplessly toward the great West Ocean beyond the balcony.

I was reminded of the figure of Selene Abraham jumping off the balcony.

"And now that reminds me, you even dragged your colleague to come with you! How despicable!"

I humphed.

"She volunteered."

Greg shrugged nonchalantly.

"But it's a good thing I brought her. If I come on my own, it's impossible to enter the barrier even if I decoded the formula. Initially, I was thinking of blackmailing Oscar that I'd release the tower-patented top-secret magic to the public just so he'd let me in. Thankfully, with Selene's help, I'm able to modify and recreate the formula so we can sneak inside quietly. Haha."

Greg babbled animatedly, revealing the true magic nerd he really is.

"We had just breached the strongest and impenetrable barrier in the history of magic without anyone knowing! Hah! I did it! I feel so great! It was so satisfying..."

I rolled my eyes.

"Congratulations, Greg. You just earn another great achievement for the House!"