Chapter 26 - An outing to the bazaar

So.

How did I end up in this situation?

"Lyssa... You didn't tell me that someone else will be joining us today!"

Avery complained.

"It wasn't Lys' fault. I heard she is going to the bazaar and I happened to miss Old Man Rody's kebab. So, I'm tagging along."

Lucas snickered.

Both of them looked at me. Avery looked at me with a discontent expression, while Lucas looked at me while smiling cheekily with only one side of his mouth raised.

"Lyssa, why did you tell him you're going out with me?"

Avery's dissatisfied expression looked exactly like his expression when he was a kid. So nostalgic.

"No. You're wrong. I didn't tell him anything, but..."

I remembered what Lucas said when I was dressing up after the exhausting sex.

"After this, don't go anywhere alone with that Divan!"

I rolled my eyes tiredly.

"Why? It doesn't have anything to do with you, Luke. Besides, as I said, you don't have anything to worry about."

I looked at him with a dissatisfied face.

"I never bother you seeing other ladies. I was quite unhappy, too. But I never meddle!"

Well, it's not that you are the only one who gets jealous here, okay?

"I wish you'd meddle, though. That way you'll know that you are the only one..."

"Huh? How absurd."

I smiled bitterly.

Sometimes, I get frustrated at his super smooth sweet-talkings.

"Anyway, don't go out alone with him. If you do, I'll know."

He definitely had warned me.

I sighed as I remembered the conversation. As I thought, he was definitely spying on me.

"Anyway. Now that we're all here, let's get along! We're catching people's attention as it is. Don't make it worse."

We are currently at a crowded plaza in the commoners' quarter near the outskirts of the capital city, Eos. I'm supposed to meet Avery here, but Lucas showed up with the familiar bodyguard outfit. His hair and eyes were turned brown by magic. It was me who gave him the outfit and the magic item when we first went out to the commoner district.

I was confused, too. But not as confused as Avery who came a little later, wearing a robe covering his head, and a pair of oversized glasses. Just like how I instructed him to.

Both of them still looking gorgeous even in disguise. Some people were already staring.

"Let's move to a quieter place."

I ushered them, no, literally pushed their back with my hands and led them to a less crowded street.

"Now. Since it turned out like this, let's explore the bazaar together!"

I tried to be as cheerful as I can.

Avery's face was crumpled, and Lucas grunted.

"If you guys don't agree, I can just go on my own. You both can go back!"

"NO!"

Lucas and Avery shouted in unison.

"Well, it's decided, then. Come on!"