Chapter 51.5 (Part 3) Eugene (Side Story)

Eugene watched the silhouette of his successor vanish in thin air.

Oscar Cloude.

A gifted magic genius who can only be found once in a century. No. Maybe it is difficult to find such a talent once even in five centuries.

His mana capacity is almost limitless. Truly a new soul with the highest purity.

Living in the world for more than 250 years with the knowledge acquired from The System, Eugene has observed a lot of people. From there he saw the patterns.

In a generation, approximately 10% of people were born with a new soul. It means that these people's souls were newly created and had never been reincarnated before. These are people with the greatest potential to become distinguished people that would be written in history or become a legend.

In short, they are geniuses.

But, in his opinion, Oscar Cloude is the most impressive person he ever met.

"She has been born surrounded by new souls right from the start. There's her twin brother. The childhood friend that the system predicted to be his future spouse, too. Then, unexpectedly she stole the heart of that child with a strong sword aura. Hm, and now even that red-haired child is attracted to her. Hm..."

Eugene mumbled.

"I have my suspicions but... Maybe there was a glitch in the system while her soul was being cleaned."

Right from the moment she was born, of course, Eugene knew who she was.

One of the system's abilities was to predict the future. It's nothing like fate or destiny, it is more to the prediction of causes and effects. The only constant was who the soul would be born as. All other things are affected by countless variables. So, Eugene has always known who his dear mother would be born as.

But he knew that in this world, he is an outsider. Even without the warning from the system, he has no intention to interfere with her new life.

Living in the world where she is living happily is all he ever wanted. And from delving into the probability data of the future, the system predicted that her life would be a happy one.

So, Eugene has no reason to interfere with the life of Allyssa Reynold - the girl who was born with his mother's soul.

But...

One day, his successor Oscar asked for a favor.

"I know that I'm asking for the impossible. But please, I beg you, master. Let my cousin sister stay with me in this tower temporarily. Just a few weeks is enough. We can keep it a secret, so nobody else knows. I'll make an Unbreakable Oath to the Sun Goddess. So, please, Master Eugene!"

With his photographic memory, Eugene can't forget the ridiculously dumbfounded face his genius successor made, when Eugene easily gave him permission to let Allyssa Reynold stay in the Magic Tower indefinitely.

The tradition was made by his predecessor, anyway. Magicians or not, he couldn't care less who can enter the tower and who cannot. He maintained the tradition just because it has its own advantages.

A little noble lady would never be a threat to the Magic Tower. And, it was not just some noble lady, it was the lady with his mother's kind soul.

That time, he already noticed that there were variables that had changed the future that was predicted by The System.

The system predicted that Allyssa Reynold would fall in love with and marry her childhood friend, Avery Divan.

This once again proved that the predictions of The System were not foolproof and it definitely cannot be called destiny or fate.