The Traitor or The Victim?

Rin's (or your) POV

'Tableware?' I thought to myself as my eyes trailed around the room until a certain glimmer catches my eye. Thirteen wine glasses laid in perfect order along a mini wine cabinet with each slot stating a number from one to thirteen.

------------------------------------------------------------

Something like this but just ✨ i m a g i n e ✨ there's 13 wine glasses

------------------------------------------------------------

"Wine glasses are also considered tableware right?" I question as I make my way toward the glasses. Lifting up one of the glasses, I examine it carefully.

Nothing in particular stands out? No scratches. No markings. Nothing. Is it not the wine glasses? But the only other things considered tableware were the plates that I was served and they definitely weren't poison? Or did curse not mean poison? But when you think of cursed tableware, wouldn't you normally think of poison? Unless tableware had a different meaning? Or is there some other hidden meaning for curse?

A curse. Something filled with malice. Something that would inflict harm. Inflict a punishment of some sort.

"What if there's more clues in the other candles?" I question, eyeing the heart shaped ones from this morning. Moving closer, I relight them, giving it time to melt.

Time skip ~~ After the candle burns for a certain amount of time

My eyes trail the candles as the words "Tableware, Queen, Break, My, The, Don't," were engraved separately in each glass. "Don't break the tableware, My Queen?" I question, reordering the candles so the words make more sense. So I need to find the cursed tableware without breaking them?

The riddle was originally hidden within a candle and the candle is stored inside a glass container so the tableware in question should be the wine glasses. But how to find the cursed one?

"Candle? Glasses? Wine? Fire? What am I not thinking of? What involves all of these or has something in common with each other?" I groan as my eyes trail to the sparkle on the glasses due to the sun rays.

"Wait... sun rays? Sunlight. Light.... REFLECTIONS and in this case the fire would represent light." I exclaim, grabbing a glass to turn it toward the light. Once again examining the glass. Still nothing. What am I missing? Reflections are caused by light rays, when light traveling through one material bounces off another.

The tableware represents the wine glasses and.... wine glasses are meant to hold wine. WINE. It's not reflection but refraction. Not the act of light bouncing off an object but bending the path of light. Refractions require a transparent substance to bend light and what better medium than water or white wine. Taking a bottle of white wine, I fill a glass to reveal the word 'Thomas.'

"Thomas?" I question, placing down the glass to fill up the others. Each glass had a name written within; Peter, Andrew, James, John, Mathew, Philip, Jesus, Bartholomew, James, Judas, Jude, and Simon.

Thirteen glasses, thirteen names. These names are of the guests at 'The Last Supper.' A painting created by the famous artist Leonardo da Vinci. But what does that have to do with finding a cursed tableware? The story of The Last Supper involves Jesus and his twelve disciples with Judas as the traitor. The traitor... and a cursed tableware. Could it be the wine glass with Judas name is the cursed tableware?

Pulling out my phone, I scroll through my messages until I land on a certain contact.

I type the word 'Judas' slowly before erasing it and rewriting the number '13' as it represented the slot in which the wine glass with the name 'Judas' was placed. But before pressing send, my eyes trail back to the wine glasses one last time.

Cursed. A curse does not necessarily mean the traitor since it doesn't affect the castor. But rather the victim of the curse is the one suffering. The one who holds the title of cursed. So the answer isn't Judas but Jesus, the one who holds the curse tableware. And the slot with the glass holding Jesus name is 12.

Sanzu 🩸💉

Rin|

The curse tableware is the 12th wine glass|

|Sanzu 🩸💉

|As expected of My Queen, you solved it so fast

Rin|

This counts as my win, right?|

|Sanzu 🩸💉

|Haha yes

|Yes it does

|You win My love~

|Now as a reward

|13th Woodred road, 3:00 PM sharp

|Better get running gorgeous or else your little flag

may just get their head chopped off~

I glance at my watch, '2:03 PM.'

Shit.

Less than one hour left and it takes at least fourty minutes to drive from here to Woodred road.

Fuck.

Grabbing my blazer, I dash out of the hotel in a hurry.

It's a race against time ~