The Boundary

Third person POV

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"MONSTER!! YOU WILL DEFINITELY RECEIVE RETRIBUTION!! AHHHHHHHH!!!"

"How noisy," the pink-haired man groans, viewing the pile of dead bodies. His frown slowly turns into a wide grin as blood starts staining the white floors of the rooftop.

"Hiroshi Fuji~~ Mr. Genius investigator~~ I wonder? Could you still be so good without your subordinates?" The man hums, bending down to talk to the corpses.

"What do you think? Hmm?" He questions before breaking out in a hysterical fit of laughter.

"My apologies, I forgot the dead cannot reply~~ How marvelous is that? If you want someone to shut up all you have to do is simply kill them. Since, dead men tell no tales~," Sanzu hums cheerfully as he admires his work.

"Now then, back to business~~," he grins leaning against the roof railings.

"With his subordinates dead, I'd love to see how he'll deal with Bonten~~. Oh, Mr. Hiroshi Fuji~~ If you're a king in this game, all I need to do is eliminate your underlings. After all a king is nothing without his people. Without his pawns~~," The pink-haired male hums playfully as he takes a drag from his cigarette.

"Looks like I'm in the lead, My Queen~~," Sanzu smiles, making his way down the spiral stairs of the old torn-down building. Out through the door and into the dead of night. The night in which monsters awake and wreak havoc. For the night is the territory of the demons.

Rin's (or your) POV

Crazy ass detective

|Crazy ass detective

|They're all dead! ༼ ಠ ͟ʖ ಠ ༽

Rin|

I know|

|Crazy ass detective

|But what do we do??

|All the investigators in sector one are dead except for the chief!!!

Rin|

At least he's still alive|

|Crazy ass detective

|No matter how good Hiroshi Fuji is, what can he do without any subordinates??

|We're majorly screwed!!

|Horribly

|Disasters

|Fucking

|SCREWED!!!!!!!!! ¯\_༼ ಥ ‿ ಥ ༽_/¯

Rin|

Calm ur shit|

|Crazy ass detective

|How do I calm down?? └༼ ಥ ᗜ ಥ ༽┘

|I knew it was a bad idea to mess with Bonten!!

|It's either I get fired for not fixing this mess or I get killed by Bonten

|Either way, I'm screwed ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

I groan at Jay for being a goddamn drama queen and turn my focus to my main monitor as I begin to search for security footage of the murder.

Nothing.

"Look's like he erased or more like destroyed all the footage," I sigh, expanding my search.

Still nothing.

But what if?

Crazy ass detective

Rin|

Get me a pass to the murder site ALONE|

And I wanna meet this Hiroshi Fuji|

|Crazy ass detective

|U have a plan??? (๑✧∀✧๑)

Rin|

Can u get what I need or nah?|

|Crazy ass detective

|Who do u think ur talking to??

|Of course, I can ( ̄▽ ̄)V

Time Skip ~~ At the crime scene

'What a maniac,' I thought to myself as I eyed the pile of dead bodies neatly organized in the shape of a heart. In front of the corpses', the words "A present for My Queen ❤️" were written in bold red paint.

Third Person POV

If any normal person received such a gift they would most definitely be repulsed. But normal was a word that would never fit the woman known as Rin Haitani. For she was anything but normal.

"What kind of sick present is this?" Jay questioned, holding a hand over his mouth.

"A unique one~," Rin hummed as a small grin quickly spread across her face.

"I would prefer the term messed up or insane. Maybe crazy? Or psychotic?" The grey-haired man retorted leaving the rooftop for a breather.

Humming softly, the purple-haired woman makes her way closer to the corpses, examining them carefully.

"A king is nothing without his pawns huh?" She sings playfully.

"But the king's outcome is not his to control nor his pawns. His ultimate demise or glory is decided by the gamemaster. That's why rather than an emperor or empress, I'd much rather be the king's maker~~," Rin hums pulling a cigarette from her pocket

She then proceeds to light it, moving closer to the railings as the sky darkened before her. Sunset, the time of day in which the two sides of our world intertwine. The moment the gate to hell opens, allowing the demons to run amok. It is when the mundane world overlaps with the underworld. Where the line between good and evil blurs, the time in which the light meets the darkness. It is the boundary separating the two worlds.

Rin's (or your) POV

"It's been a while since someone gave me such a fun game~~ The harder the difficulty the funnier it becomes~~." I hum playfully, taking a drag from my cigarette.

Since you made your move, it's my turn next ~