The Sweet Scent of Peony

Rin (or your) POV

Five bodies soaked in the bathtub, with blood leaking out almost like in a scene from a horror movie. I observe the vicious scene in front of me, typical psychopathic behavior.

"Yo Rin, why are we here so earlier in the morning?" The detective voiced while gagging from the scene. "I don't want the police hovering around me," I reply unamused. "Oh come on, no need to be so heartless. I went through hell to get you in the crime scene alone." The man puffed as he dramatically crossed his arms. "Yeah yeah, thanks for all your hard work master detective," I say sarcastically. Pouting, the man begins to ramble on how thankful I should be. I tune his voice out and scanned the rest of the apartment until my eyes found themselves on a white box with a red ribbon.

"Whatcha looking at?" The detective questioned. Seems like he's done his temper tantrum. "A Christmas present," I reply as I began to unravel the ribbon. "Who's present? And from who?" The man asked confused. "The answer's in the box," I say as I opened the last flap. "HOLY SHIT!" The detective jumps in horror at the contents. A small smirk begins to form on my face as I view the cut-apart body. The box contained two legs cut into four halves, two arms roughly jammed in, two eyeballs, 2 ears, and one head. No torso.

"IT'S THAT FUCKING SERIAL KILLER! THAT MANIAC STRIKES AGAIN!" The man screamed in horror as he scrambled for his phone to alert the higher-ups. "Calm your shit. On the contrary, the serial killer has been caught already," I say in amusement. "What? How is he caught when it's just you and me here?" He asks bewildered. "Dumbass. You, me, and this body." I say pointing to the box. The man doesn't speak instead looks at me with a dumbfounded expression. "I can't believe you're a detective with that dumb fuck brain. I'll explain it in a way an idiot can understand it. The body we're looking at right now is that killer." I say. "Wait so you're saying the serial killer who likes to cut their victims apart into pieces now is killed in that same way?" He replies in confusion. "Yes, quite ironic if you ask me. The game is getting more and more interesting." I hum in excitement.

I watch as the idiot of a detective squabbles back and forth on the phone with what I presume to be the higher-ups. Through hacking the security cameras throughout the city, I discovered the killer to be a blonde lady somewhere in her 30s. It was easy to find her identity after I discovered her appearance. Himari Nahoko was an up-and-rising model who was famous for her voluptuous figure in tight-fit dresses. It would appear that she seduced men and women alike into her room while devouring them whole. And when I say devouring, I mean literally. She would drug them, then proceed to cut apart their bodies, finishing the whole ordeal with a ribbon. But, it would seem that she had a preference to only use a white ribbon and red box along with a sweet scent of peony. This box was white, not red, being in reverse to the original killer's signature colors. Also no flower scents, only the rotting smell of flesh and blood. To put it bluntly, it was an imitation.

"I informed the higher-ups on the matter. They're gonna sent a few investigators from the 12th sector over." The man spoke in a pissed-off tone. The current police force or investigators are divided into a total of 12 sectors. Essentially, the lower the number the more skilled and advanced the investigator. Sending the lowest 12th sector is just a way of shutting off the case, to hide the fucked up mess from the rest of society that the police don't want to deal with. But I mean can you blame them when this serial killer was already ranked an "A" level threat, where even the 3rd sector investigators had problems in tracking? The one who murder the killer was probably an "S" class danger or higher.

How exciting! The game just gets more and more interesting ~