46

️⚠️TW: VIOLENCE️⚠️

.

18 YEARS AGO

"Mom..." your baby figure was walking down the corridor from your bedroom to the living room. You saw a blue light coming from there, so you automatically assumed your parents were there, probably watching TV.

You just woke up from a terrible nightmare, but you weren't crying, you were just looking for your mother's hug since she would only hug you whenever you had bad dreams. You weren't allowed to cry or else she would get mad and not hug you. Walking slowly, you were rubbing your eyes with your little fist, while holding a cat-shaped plushie with your other hand.

As soon as you got very close to the living room, you heard your parents talking, and you could sense the tension between them, as if they were scared.

"What did you do... you addicted fuck" and you heard a sound similar to a slap.

"I-I'm sorry... I... didn't have enough money to buy alcohol... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

"I don't give a fuck about you and your fucking needs. You put me in danger! Just for a bottle of wine! Fucking piece of shit!"

"It wasn't just a bottle of wine! It was a gigantic batch of wine!"

"And you decided to steal it? Are you fucking crazy? What am I gonna do now!?! Those are not people who accept the fucking excuses of a drunkard!" your mom sighed in distress "Where did you put it?"

"I drank it with the others... that's why they keep following me..."

"You... bastard...!" and she slapped your father once again.

You weren't observing the situation as you were hiding behind the wall, but the scene was clear, since it happened many times before that your mother would be that aggressive with your father. 

You were just listening out of curiosity, as you knew you had to go back to bed without a hug. Whenever your mother was already mad, it was impossible to approach her and have a decent interaction.

"They know everything about me, about us... they know where to find me, you and Y/n... I ruined their affairs..."

"What about the others? What did they do to them?!"

"They just killed them since they had no family and no possession..."

"Are you saying that..."

"They will make us pay the price... I don't know how"

"I'm not going to die like that..." your mother started repeating those words, as if they were some sort of spell that could protect her "I'm not going to die like that..."

As soon as you heard her footsteps getting closer to where you were hiding, you immediately ran as fast as you could back to your room, gripping tight on your plushie. You listened to their entire conversation, but you didn't understand the meaning behind those words and how dangerous the situation was about to get.

"Y/n? Y/n where are you?" your mother's tone was oddly delicate that day, maybe because she was in a good mood?"