17

"You're late"

"I know, I'm sorry" you sighed out and walked inside the office, placing your coat on the backrest of the chair.

Sanzu didn't even look at you.
His back was facing you because he was looking at some old files, standing in front of the bookshelf.

"Had some problems with your beloved fiancé?" You could tell by his harsh tone that he was mad. First, because you were late, and second, probably because of your soon-to-be-husband.

He was in fact a bit jealous, even if he didn't have any right to be. But in his head you were his, and he didn't like sharing you with another man.
It was as if Hiro wasn't your fiancé.
You didn't know about that little detail, though.
Even though you should have imagined it.

Since you couldn't stand his attitude today, you decided not to answer or else you would lash out at him. You immediately sat on your chair and started working on the laptop.

At your silence, he just scoffed and shook his head.

"Guess he's treating you right" he placed the documents back in their place but soon dropped his bitter smile and froze when he heard you speak.

"Actually... yes. He's treating me right."

"Haha nice lie Y/n" he shook his head fake-laughing at your reply.

"Fuck you, respectfully"

"I'm looking forward to it, honestly" he then turned his body and leaned on the shelf behind him, crossing his arms.

"Well keep hoping because it will never happen, you dumb fuck" you spat back.

"Mhhhh nervous today, aren't we?" He teased.
He loved teasing you, especially if you were already mad.

But what you didn't know was that he was mad too, mad as fuck.

"Just shut the fuck up."

"Oh, did you two fight again? How sad" he walked closer to you.

"Yeah, and if you don't shut up, I'll-" his grip on your face made you immediately yelp and stop talking. You just locked your gaze in his to see how mad he was.

"You better shut the fuck up or else I'll make you" he brought his face closer, almost growling the last words "I'm very mad today because I didn't take my drugs this morning and also because some traitors escaped. So don't test me." He used that lie so he didn't have to admit he was that mad because of pure jealousy.

But he was surprised to see that you didn't even flinch at his harsh words.

You just scoffed with a little smirk on your face.
You had never submitted to him, and you weren't going to do that today. Not at all.
You weren't scared of him.

"Make me. Make me shut up. Come on Haruchiyo. You think I'm scared of you?"

"You better be." He gripped your cheek tighter while he wrapped his free hand tight around your neck while yours just rested on his wrists.

"I said, don't test me."

"Or what." You pushed your face even closer to his, growling on his lips.

That was another anger episode of his.
You just assumed it was caused by withdrawal from drugs and not by jealousy.

You had already experienced it, even though not on yourself. He would just get those rage attacks while torturing people so he could put all that anger on them.

You didn't know what to do to calm him down, to be honest, and you didn't even want him to hurt you, of course. So you chose the safest option.

Suddenly softening your gaze, you shifted your hands from his wrists to his cheeks, gently brushing his diamond-shaped scars with your thumbs, still maintaining the eye-contact.

"Don't touch me" he was about to move his head to the side to detach from your hands but you cupped his cheeks, almost squishing them to keep him still "Shut up" you managed to say, his hands still gripping your face and neck tight.

He looked like a kid sulking because he didn't get what he wanted, but he slowly started loosening his grips.

Looking better into his eyes, you understood that there was something wrong.
Something different from drugs.

"What's wrong...?" You finally spoke "You're never like this to me..."

He scoffed and looked down "Like this how"

"Aggressive..." you tilted your head to unsuccessfully maintain the eye-contact

At that moment, Haruchiyo widened his eyes as he realized he was about to do something terrible. He had the instinct of hitting you because of how mad he was, but to your luck he was able to stop himself before that could happen.

He pursed his lips together and slowly lifted his gaze, immediately landing his blue eyes on your now red cheeks and neck because of the marks he left with his hands. He then placed his hands on your wrists so he could slowly detach from you.

Looking down, he exhaled a deep sigh, also closing his eyes "I'm sorry..." he mumbled.

"... I didn't want to scare you" he added.

"You didn't scare me" you kept staring at him "I'm just worried about you..." you gently ran your hand through his pink hair, and he let out a soft sigh.
He loved when you touched him like that.

But he didn't say a word.

"Talk to me, Haruchiyo" you placed your index finger under his chin, gently lifting it up.

"What do I have to say? I was about to hit you... just stay away from me for today, okay? It's not safe for you to be around me" he grabbed his coat from the chair and put it on.

"I told you I'm not scared-"

"But I'm scared to hurt you!" He suddenly yelled, causing you to flinch in surprise.

"You're like the most important person to me- no, you are my only important person. I only have you in my life, and I was even about to hit you!"

At his sentence, you remained silent.
You didn't expect him to 'confess' like that.
Well, you could imagine it since he offered you to have an affair with him, but you thought it was just something sexual, not more.

He then sighed and rubbed a hand on his forehead "Just do your work then go home, I don't think I'll come back today" he cleared his throat and, taking his car keys, he left the office.

"Haruchi-" you stopped talking as soon as the door closed behind him, and you just stared at it with a cold glare.

"That fucker." You gritted your teeth and fisted your hands.

"Thinks he can avoid facing me."

=====================

Don't forget to vote♡