Part 19 (Barn Full of Walkers)

The group was having breakfast near the fire. CJ was sat next to Glenn, who kept fidgeting nervously in his seat and looking around nervously.

"Glenn, you good?" she asked.

"Huh?" he responded, turning to face her quickly.

"I said, are you good? You're acting all edgy and nervous. What's goin' on with you?"

Glenn looked at CJ as though he was trying to figure out what to say. Eventually, he let out a sigh and stood up and walked over so he was standing in front of the whole group. "Um... guys?"

Everyone looked up for a moment to acknowledge that they were listening, but they kept eating. Glenn cleared his throat and clasped his hands together.

"Barn's full of walkers," he announced bluntly. Everybody stopped eating and looked at Glenn with expressions of both confusion and shock. After a few moments, Shane took off, running towards the barn and everyone followed.

Shane peered through the gap in the barn doors and saw at least two dozen walkers, maybe more, milling around inside. CJ and the others were stood a few feet away, but they could still here the moans. Shane stormed back to the group angrily.

"You cannot tell me you're alright with this," he said to Rick.

"No, I'm not," Rick answered. "But we're guests here. This isn't our land."

"This is our lives!" Shane yelled.

"Shhh! Lower your voice there, dumbass," CJ hissed.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug," Andrea said.

"We either go in there, make things right or we just gotta go," Shane demanded, looking at Rick. "Now, we've been talking about Fort Benning for a long time."

"We can't go," Rick said sternly.

"Why Rick? Why?"

"Because my daughter is still out there," Carol answered.

Shane brought his hands up to cover his face for a moment before dropping them again. "Okay, i think it's time we all start to consider the other possibility."

"We aren't leaving Sophia," CJ spoke up.

"I'm close to finding this girl, i just found her damn doll two days ago!" Daryl said loudly.

"You found a doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll," Shane argued.

Daryl was starting to get angry. "Man, you don't know what the hell you're talking about!" he yelled, stepping forward towards Shane.

"I'm just saying what needs to be said!" Shane responded. "Let me tell you somethin' else man. if she was alive out there and she saw you comin', all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck she would run in the other direction!"

Daryl went to attack Shane but Rick and CJ got in between them. Rick pushed Shane away whilst CJ got in front of Daryl and grabbed both of his arms. He tried to get out of her grasp, but she was stronger than he realised.

"Stop! Hey! Daryl, stop!" she shouted as he struggled against her, his gaze still on Shane.

"I'll beat your ass, man!" Shane yelled, pushing Rick away.

Daryl continued to try and shake CJ off with little success. "Hey, hey. Look at me," she said firmly and quietly. He looked down to face her. "Calm yourself. Stop," she demanded. Daryl stared at her for a few seconds before reluctantly stopping his struggles and she let go of his arms.

"Let me talk to Hershel. Let me figure it out," Rick called out to Shane as he walked away.

"Hershel sees those things as people," Dale spoke up. "Sick people. His wife, his stepson."

Didn't See That Coming | The Walking Dead(1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara