Part 4 (Abandon Camp)

It was the morning after the attack and the atmosphere was low. Andrea was still sat by Amy's side, just staring at her face with little to no emotion. She wasn't responding to or even acknowledging anyone else. She even pointed a gun at Rick when he tried to talk her into letting them take Amy to prepare for a funeral. Everyone agreed after that to just let her be.

CJ was helping move the bodies from the attack out of the camp. As herself and Glenn walked back over to the others after dropping a walker on the pile for burning, they saw Daryl and Morales carrying the body of one of their own people over to the same pile.

CJ wasn't going to say anything, but when Glenn saw this he got upset. "Our people go over there," he said, pointing to where he had started to lie bodies down to bury.

"The hell difference does it make?" Daryl asked, not even looking up at Glenn as he continued to walk.

"These people were our friends," Glenn cut Daryl off and everyone turned to look. "We don't burn them! We bury them."

"Reap what you sow. You people left my brother for dead! You had this coming!" Daryl shouted as he dropped the body and stormed off.

CJ couldn't help but think about her own brother as she watched Daryl walk away. If she was in his situation, if Tony was the one that had been left behind, she couldn't imagine herself reacting any differently. She was tempted to go and try to talk to Daryl after his outburst, but decided it was probably best to let him calm down on his own.

"A walker got him! A walker bit Jim!" Jacqui's voice pulled CJ from her thoughts. Her and the rest all ran over to where a clearly petrified Jim was stood, standing back from him a bit. CJ was stood between Daryl and Rick.

"Show it to us!" Daryl called out as he began to walk towards Jim. As he got closer, Jim panicked and picked up his shovel, waving it in front of him to stop anyone coming near him. T-Dog managed to sneak up behind the man and grab him, Daryl then ran over and lifted Jim's shirt, revealing a red bite mark on his stomach.

"I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay," was all Jim said, repeating himself quietly as he tried to convince himself of what he was saying.

Jacqui stayed stood by Jim whilst everyone else gathered to discuss what to do. Daryl, shockingly, spoke up first. "I say we put a pickaxe in his head, the dead girl's too and be done with it," he said bluntly.

"That what you'd want if it were you? Shane asked him.

"Yeah and I'd thank you while you did it."

"I'm gonna remember you said that," CJ mumbled sarcastically, earning a quick glare from Daryl. She just raised her eyebrows at him before they both turned back to the conversation.

"I hate to say it, I never thought I would but maybe Daryl is right," Dale spoke up, addressing the whole group.

Rick responded, "Jim's not a monster Dale, or some rabid dog."

"I'm not suggesting-"

"He's sick," Rick stated firmly, cutting Dale off. "He's a sick man. What if we can get him help? I heard the CDC were working on a cure," he questioned.

"Yeah I heard that too. Heard a lot of things before the world fell apart," CJ replied.

"What if the CDC is still running?"

"That's a stretch right there," Shane said.

"If there was any government left, at all, they'd protect the CDC at all costs, wouldn't they?" Rick argued. "I think it's our best shot. Shelter, protection and rescue," he went on.