Ch 33

𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗹𝘆..

After a few more hours of helping the interns, you and Levi left the office.
Half of the ride home was in silence, it was a short half even though it seemed to last forever.

You didn't think Levi wanted to speak to you any more than he had to, and you didn't want to annoy him any more than Kenny already had.

"Is it true?" He asked.

You glance at him. "Is what true?"

He stayed silent, and you think back to what happened earlier.

"Oh, Yeah." You reply, remembering the conversation you interjected on earlier.

"It's the gloomy brat, right?" Levi asked. "Tch, you should pick better friends."

You grin. "Mikasa's a really good friend."

My only good friend. You added.

"What about you, Levi?" You ask. "You said you had two."

"Erwin's one and Hange are the other." He admitted. "But if you tell her that, I'll deny it."

You laugh at him. He keeps his eyes on the road but a small smile appears on his face. Before you can take it in, his stoic frown quickly reappears.

"I saw that." You said.

Levi felt his cheeks warm, it was pretty dark so he was praying you didn't see.

"Am I not allowed to smile, brat?" He grumbled.

"Not at all, I think you should do it more often." You say. "You wouldn't scare the interns so bad."

Levi glanced at you, before returning his eyes to the road. She's talking to the interns?

"The interns are scared of me?" He asked.

You nod your head, remembering the nickname they shared with you.

"Good." He stated.

You smile at his response.

"I also noticed that there weren't a lot of people in the office today from the last time I was there." You say.

"I had Kenny fire a lot of people, and move some to lower floors." He explains. "Some people were just better at other things, and others just get on my fucking nerves."

Then why isn't Petra gone yet? You say to yourself. Surely she must get on his nerves every day.

"Oh ok." You reply.

𓁹-------𓁹------- Levi's Pov 𓁹--------𓁹-------𓁹

I stared at the roof as I lay in bed. I think I got somewhere with y/n. Taking to her feels easy.

Usually, I'd stare for an hour or so before falling asleep but today was different because I end up falling asleep faster than usual.

"𝐼𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑎 𝑝𝑖𝑎𝑛𝑜 𝑎𝑠 𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑙." 𝐼 𝑎𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑑.
𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑠. "𝑇𝑒𝑚𝑝𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑛𝑜, 𝑠𝑤𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡." 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑑.
𝐼 𝑠𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑎𝑡 𝑛𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑒𝑎𝑡 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑒𝑟.
"𝐿𝑒𝑣𝑖 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢, ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑎 𝑤𝑖𝑓𝑒." 𝐾𝑢𝑡𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑙 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑.
"𝑀𝑎𝑚𝑎." 𝐼 𝑠𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑑.
"𝑃𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑚𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟." 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑑.
𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑓𝑒.
"𝐼 𝑎𝑚 𝑠𝑎𝑓𝑒, 𝑒𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑔𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑑𝑒𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑙." 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑑𝑒𝑑.
"𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑐𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑦, 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝑖𝑡 𝐿𝑒𝑣𝑖." 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑.

"𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡." 𝐼 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑. "𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑣𝑒, 𝑔𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑤𝑒𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑟, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼'𝑚 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑛𝑑-"
𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑎 ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑒𝑘 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑡.
"𝐿𝑒𝑣𝑖 𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑒." 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒𝑑. "𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑡𝑜𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ."
"𝐼𝑚 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝐼 𝑚𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢..."
𝐼 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑠ℎ 𝑚𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒.

"𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑑? 𝐼𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑡." 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑠𝑘𝑒𝑑.
"𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑡, 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑆𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡." 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑜𝑒𝑑.
"𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑒." 𝐼 𝑔𝑟𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑.
𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑡 𝑚𝑒.

"𝐻𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑙?" 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑠𝑘𝑒𝑑.
"𝑇𝑐ℎ ." 𝐼 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑑.
"𝐷𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒?" 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑑.

"𝐼𝑠 𝑖𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒? 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑎 ℎ𝑢ℎ 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑒𝑟."
"𝑁𝑜." 𝐼 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑. "𝑆ℎ𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑦 𝑔𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑑."
"𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑓 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑛'𝑡, 𝑎𝑏𝑠𝑜𝑙𝑢𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑛𝑜𝑡."
"𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡-"
"𝑊ℎ𝑦 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑜 𝑏𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝑟𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑. 𝑚𝑒 𝑎 𝑤𝑖𝑓𝑒." 𝐼 𝑎𝑠𝑘.

"𝐼𝑡 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑎 𝑤𝑖𝑓𝑒." 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑙𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑓𝑖𝑒𝑑.
𝐼 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑎 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑢𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘.
"𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒."𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑑𝑚𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑑. "𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑟𝑜𝑤 𝑢𝑝 𝑜𝑙𝑑, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑚𝑒."

"𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑛'𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑚𝑒." 𝐼 𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒.

"𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝐼 𝑑𝑖𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒?"

I open my eyes, groggily and stare at the ceiling. When I turned my head I noticed a streak of light flowing from behind the curtain.

Did I sleep all night?

It's been a while since I had slept this long. Well, I have the day off, so no rush I guess.

Before he could decide on staying up or going back to sleep, a small noise came from outside Levi's room, it was faint but Levi managed to hear it.

He walked out of his room and instantly recognized the sound.

The ravenette quickly walked down the hallway and crept upstairs to find you quietly playing the piano.

Or as quietly as you could play.