Chapter 7

Revised

*Carters POV*

I sat on the edge of my seat for almost all my classes. All I wanted to do was see Will again at lunch. He was nice and funny and handsome. I really did like him. I really hope that he likes me too.

Lunch finally arrived and I quickly walked down the hall to the cafeteria. I bought my lunch and sat down at our normal table. Riley and Katie were waiting there for me.

"What's up with you?" Asked Riley. "I haven't seen you this happy since... ever." She says in shock. I try to stop smiling a little but I can't I'm so happy.

"Actually I'm partly like this because of you. After you left, a boy came over and we danced." I sigh. "He was so sweet and handsome. And then we left the hotel and walked to a candle-lit fountain. Where we took off our masks and then he asked me to be his girlfriend!" I said happily. This was the first time that I had ever felt this way about someone before.

"Talking about me are you?" I feel him put his hands on my shoulders and I turn around. Sure enough he's standing there smiling down at me. "Hey I need to talk to you about something." He says sitting down.

"Ok sure. But first these are my friends. Will that's Katie and Riley. Katie and Riley that's Will." I say nodding to my friends.

"Hello. Nice to meet you ladies." He smiles at my friends and then turns back to me. "So, I was wondering, since I just met your best-friends. If you'd like to meet my best-friend. I ran into him after you left and he said he would like to meet you."

"Oh yeah, of-course. When and where?" I ask.

"In front of the school 2:30. I'll drive you home afterwards." He says. I smile at his gesture. He was so sweet, it was the little things that make you happy.

"Great. I'll tell Kris I don't need a ride." I pull out my phone and find Kris has already texted me.

Kris: Can't give you a ride home today left early.

I read his message in my head and finally texted back.

Me: Ok. Will was going to give me a ride anyways. See you later

I look up from my phone when I head a clatter. On the floor crying I see Diana. Her lunch is on the ground, and I see Hector sitting near by his foot stuck out in the aisle.

I start to get up and help her but Will grabs my arm. "Where are you going?" He asks concerned. I stare in Diana's direction, no one was going to help her.

"Just to give Diana a hand." I reply smiling.

"Ok. But please don't get into any trouble." He says releasing my arm.

"I promise." I walk over to Diana and sit down beside her. "Bad day huh?" I ask her and she nods. "Well you know what my mom told me when i was young? The bad days make the good days even better." I say, the corners of her mouth pick up at my attempt of small talk. "Need a hand?" I ask starting to gather her spilled lunch from the floor.

"Thank you." I hear her whisper faintly. I smile, it really feels good to help her get through Hector's behavior.

"You're welcome." I say smiling at her. We finish gathering up her soiled lunch and I lend her some money to buy another lunch. She seems really happy that I lent her the money and I am too. It feels really good to show Hector that someone is going to stand up to him.

On my way back from throwing Diana's ruined lunch away I pass Hector. I put an angry look on my face as I walk by. To my disbelief he grabs my arm, his grasp was tight. "Let go of me!" I practically shouted. I tried to yank my arm away but his grasp was to tight.

"If I'm trying to accomplish something. Don't get in my way!" He says angrily through gritted teeth. I was trying to focus on what he was saying but out of the corner of my eye I saw Will stand up. Hector must have noticed it too because he quickened the pace. "Answer me!" He shouted.

"I'll get in anyone's way to defend what's right!" I say trying to use the same angry tone as he used. Will was approaching quickly, but Hector didn't seem to care.

"That's it Bennett! You crossed the line!" He was really angry now and his grip on my arm grew tighter. Then a force so strong hit my cheek and knocked me over. The last thing I remember before I blacked out was Will standing over me shouting my name.