Chapter 30

A/N

*WARNING*

This chapter contains blood and tears. If you are sensitive to blood they'll be a warning where you should skip ahead.

Second warning, I cried when writing this chapter.

So... Enjoy!!

*Carter's POV*

He's lying, I know he is. There's no possible way. No way at all. Well... there may be a way. But it's a small chance, very small. Everything will be okay. I hope.

Val wouldn't kill me, would he?

He seemed sad when I said he wasn't my father. He claimed that he loved me and my mother so much. But he also yelled at me when I was joking around and being myself. Maybe he didn't actually like me at all.

How do I know he's my real father?

Maybe he was just warming up to this whole father thing? Yeah, that's it, he's just scared and doesn't know how to be a father.

Then why did he threaten to kill me?

I don't think he'd threaten to kill me if he wanted to be my father.

Maybe I was just an inconvenience to him and he wanted me gone?

What if he did kill me?

I couldn't die, I'm only 18. I haven't graduated yet. I haven't gotten married or had kids or done anything in life. I've only started my story.

What will happen to Will and all my friends?

Will they move on?

Will they even miss me?

Was I only an inconvenience to them too?

Did they hate my jokes as much as Val did? Maybe I should stop, stop joking around. I'm 18 years old now, I should be taking things more seriously. That's what I'll do, if I make it out of this I'll start acting like an adult. Go to collage, get my degree and settle down. I need to get my crazy life under control and joking around all the time isn't going to help anyone.

The door slowly opened, dragging me from my thoughts. I turned to see Dom standing in the doorway looking at me with adoring eyes.

"Hi Carter." He said calmly and gently. "How are you?" He asks, sitting beside me on the bed.

"Fine. You?"

He seems slightly shocked at the calmness in my tone and lack of sarcasm.

"I'm great." He said with a light smile.

There was an awkward silence between us for a few moments in which Dom only stared at me. I sighed and looked up at him. "Did you treat her right? Did you love her?" I ask.

"Who are you-" he starts.

"You know who I'm talking about Dom." I say sitting up straighter. "Did you love her?" I ask again.

He sighs staring down at his hands for a moment before his eyes return to mine. "Of course I love her. I've never stopped loving her. She's the one I was always meant to be with, we would have been married if it weren't-" He paused, choking on his words. "If it weren't for the accident."

I watched helplessly as his eyes grew glassy with unshed tears. "I-I wanted to grow old with her, and have her by my side through everything. But they took that away from me." His eyes connected with mine. "And now she's gone." The tears flowed freely from his eyes and I bit my lip. Tugging against the restraints to try and hug him.