Chapter 23

*Carter's POV*

"Oh snickers!" I exclaim starting at the injured 15 year old boy sitting beside me.

His left eye is almost swollen shut with a purple ring around it. His normally tan skin was pale with a bead of sweat trickling down the side of his face. On the corner of his swollen lip was a small cut with dry blood surrounding it.

"W-what happened?" I stutter starring at his pale face.

"That's not important." He lies, his eyes drifting around the restaurant. I copy his actions noticing the many pairs of eyes starting at us.

"Tell us later." I whisper. "But first we need to get you cleaned up. Attention!" I call out standing up and clapping my hands together. "You! Go get me the first aid kit. Please." I shout pointing at one of the waitresses starting at us with a concerned look. She nods quickly and rushes off.

"You go get me some wet paper towels. Please." I ask a waiter who rolls his eyes and walks off towards the bathroom.

"Will, help Aaron lie down, please?" I ask Will who only stands there with an expressionless face, he gives me a small nod before passing by me towards his brother.

"Big Al! You have the most important job!"

"What? Call the cops? Investigate? Beat up whoever did this to him?" he asks with a mischievous smirk.

"No. Get me some chicken fingers and french fries with some ketchup." I inform him.

His smirk drops, he blinks his eyes once before turning and walking towards the kitchen.

"Thanks Al!" I shout after him.

"Yeah, yeah." He mutters pushing open the swinging door and muttering things to himself.

I chuckle before turning to face Aaron and Will. Aaron now lies on the ground looking even more pale if possible. While Will sits on his knees next to him. I copy Will's position and kneel next to Aaron on his other side. The waitress rushes over to me and places the first aid kit next to me before running off. The waiter arrives next handing me the paper towels before following his coworker still board.

Rolling my eyes I hand the paper towels to Will and instruct him to press them against Aaron's forehead. People start to crowd around us as they watch.

"The nurse says move on back, move on back!" I sing shooing the crowd away. "Alright Aaron this is going to hurt a little bit." I tell him as I dab the medical alcohol covered wipe on his cut lip. He flinches each time I dab. I then begin to wipe off his knuckles which seems to hurt him more as he hisses and try's to pull away. "Aaron pulling away will only make it hurt more."

In five more minutes his knuckles are cleaned and bandaged. I grab the glass of water that one of the waitresses brought Aaron out of his hands. Will and I work together to lean Aaron up in a sitting position. Will's silence has become a bigger concern in my mind as time goes on but I ignore it and focus on Aaron till I can get Will alone.

The color in Aaron's face has slowly returned and he looks almost normal again, besides the black eye and bandaged knuckles. "Is there any other place that hurts?" I ask him calmly as I sanitize my hands.

"My ank-" he starts before the kitchen doors burst open.

"I'm here! I'm here! No need to panic people I've got the chicken nuggets! I repeat I've got the chicken nuggets!" Everyone stares at Al like he's crazy but I only smile at him and reach for my plate.

"Thank you." I say before stuffing one of the nuggets in my mouth. "Oh Aaron right!" I exclaim after swallowing my food. "Anywhere else that hurts."