Chapter 6

Revised

*Wills POV*

I've never thought about a girl as much as I thought about Carter. She's different than the other girls I've dated. She likes me but she's not throwing herself at me. Carter is a girl who I feel I can be myself around. I really like her.

After the dance I took her home. She lives in a very large house. Her brother, Mr.Bennett, I remember him from school. He always talked to Carter after lunch, so I had seen him around a lot. She gave me a hug and told me she'd see me at school. Then she was gone. I felt a sinking feeling in my chest when she left. I knew I would see her again on Monday, but until then my heart felt like it was missing that one special thing that I felt when I was with Carter.

When I got home I remembered that she had given me her number.

Will: I had a really great time with you tonight. I can't wait to see you Monday.

As I sent the message I couldn't help but feel that I was acting needy. I was acting like one of those guys who always had to be with his girlfriend, who always wondered what she was doing. What was wrong with me? I could have just ruined my chances with her.

I hear my phone buzz.

Carter: I had a great time with you too. Are you going to sit with my friends and I at lunch? If you don't want to it's cool.

I laugh at Carter's text. She's always thinking of others that's what I like about her.

Will: If you want me to of course I'll sit with you.

Carter: Cool! I'll see you Monday. Night

I'll make sure I do see her Monday I'll recognize her the moment I see her with those wonderful green eyes.

Will: Night

I smile to myself as I turn off my phone. She truly is the one for me.

***

At Monday I see her, walking from her brothers car to the school. I run up to her and wrap my arm around her shoulder. She looks scared at first but then notices that it's me and not some stranger. "Will!" She says surprised "You scared me! I thought you were some random person trying to kidnap me." I smile down at her.

"Nothing to be scared of." I tease her. "It's just me." I say poking her in the stomach. She laughs and swats my hand away. "Now, now. Is the amazing Carter Bennett ticklish." I say threatening to tickle her again.

"I am not!" She replies defensively crossing her arms over her chest. I laugh at her awful attempt to cover up her ticklishness. I'm about to poke her again but she grabs my hand. "Ok, I might be ticklish but that doesn't give you a reason to tickle me. Understand."

"Being ticklish is the sole most important reason for me to tickle you." I say laughing. I look into her eyes. That was a mistake. It's like her eyes cast a spell on me. Her pleading look, those intense eyes. "Fine I won't tickle you." I say, she releases my hand and smiles.

"Thank you." She says giving me a hug. We were close I could feel her heart beat, it was so steady, so strong. Like her. "I'll see you at lunch. Ok?" She breaks away from the hug and heads down the hall towards her home room.

"Looks like someone has a new girlfriend." I turn around seeing my Harry standing behind me. "How tall is she?You're like a foot taller than her." He says laughing.

"Look at you Harry always the jokester. Huh? And for your information she 5 foot 3. So I'm only 11in taller than her." He laughs at my desperate try to defend myself. "Oh. Your here picking on my girlfriend when you don't seem to have one." I say angrily now. He was starting to get on my nerves, yes she is short for me but she's the nicest person I've ever met.

"Alright, alright. Chill man. No need to bring up my love life. I would love to meet this girl who was a mystery to you for so long." He said a smirk on his face. "Mind introducing her to me after school?" He asks. But before I could reply he said "Great see you then. Front of the school 2:30." Then he left. I wasn't so sure that it was a good idea introducing Carter to Harry so soon. It could end up bad. But there was only one way to find out.