CHAPTER 53

OUR LITTLE LUKELYNS

When we finally return home after another week in San Diego, Luke, tells me that they would be moving out the next day, so I decide to go over to his house to spend the night. 

At night, Luke and me had our last date night in his house. We set up a blanket fort in his verandah and snuggled up close, staring at the stars in silence, just taking in each other's presence.

"It's our last night here together, Skittles." Luke softly says with a sigh. I nod, "I'm going to miss this place a lot. I don't know why but I feel so attached to it."

"Me too." He says, "You know what it probably is? It's the memories we made here. They're all lingering in the air and soon, this place will be void of any until a new person comes around and makes their own."

I smile and hum in response.

"Should we close the top now? It's getting late and I'm extremely sleepy." He mumbles and I nod before kneeling and stretching to move the blanket from one side to the other. A little part of my t-shirt rises and I feel Luke's fingers tickle me on the exposed part, making me topple right on top of him.

"Wow you fell for me real bad, didn't you?" He laughs at his own joke and I roll my eyes, shaking my head, "You really are the CEO of cheesy lines."

"Only for you though." He winks and I flick his forehead before getting up again to adjust the top, narrowing my eyes at him as he raises his hands up in fake surrender.

Once it's all done, I snuggle into his chest and he wraps his arm around me, keeping me close. He had a t-shirt on today, because of the cold night and mosquitoes.

And I am complaining about it.

xxxx

2 months later

"Brooklyn and David! Happy birthday!" 

Everyone shouts before blowing party horns, deafening me and David completely. I remove my earphones but it's no use. There's an idiot doing it right in the next room as well. Yes. Ryan.

After I see them settled down, I put back my earphones and Liam blows loudly once more with an evil grin and I glare at him, smiling. "I'm sure I'm deaf right now." David mutters, rubbing his ear.

Everyone laughs and just then mom calls me on my phone. I mute the laptop and answer the phone, "Hey mom." "Brooklyn, happy 18th sweetie!" She exclaims and I smile, "Thank you so much, mom. I love you." 

"Love you too, honey, always."

"Should we meet in the evening?" I ask, hopefully and she stays quiet. Mom has been trying to meet me less often now because she feels Catherine would feel uncomfortable. "Okay, at the same place?" She asks and I beam, "At the same place. Goodnight mom." 

As I cut the call, just on time, dad and Catherine enter my room and engulf me in hugs and kisses, wishing me. When Catherine leaves, dad whispers in my ear, "Wish David as well."

My smile disappears and I slowly turn to him, "You know that I know?" I ask and he nods, "Of course I do. Eden wouldn't have told you about it without confirming with me. She's not that kind of a woman." I force a smile on my face, trying not to think about the days I had seen them so much in love with each other. Or maybe that's what I thought they were.

He leaves the room and I turn back to the screen with a wide smile, "Thank you so much guys!"

We talk till about 3 AM till we all feel like our eyes couldn't stay open any longer and then we go to sleep.

In the morning, Luke came over to take me for breakfast. We hardly get to see each other much now because of the distance and with no school, even less. We make it a point to video call everyday, though.

We go to a place fifteen minutes away. I've heard that they're famous for breakfast here, so I'm looking forward to this.

Entering inside, we hear some light upbeat music playing and many other people our age hanging out. Hm I never knew this place was a teenager's hub.

We sat at a corner, opposite each other and looked around. "Quite a lot of people here, huh?" Luke says after sometime and I nod, "Yeah I didn't know so many people come here. How come I never heard of this place being popular?"

"I mean, I knew that, but I didn't think that teenagers would be here at 9:30 in the morning. Don't they sleep till noon?" Luke asks and I chuckle, "Look at us talking like we're in our late 20s."

He laughs, "I hope we two can really talk about this again in our late 20s. We'll come and sit at the same place and look around, but probably there'll be another popular place by then. And then we can talk about how crowded this place used to be earlier to our little Lukelyns."

My cheeks heat up and I try not to start grinning crazily at his words. He gives me a dimpled smile, "It's cute how you blush every time I talk about our future and kids, Skittles."

A waitress who settled beside us, clears her throat, "Good morning sir, ma'am. What can I get you'll?" She looks to be in her early 20s and is eyeing Luke like a piece of candy. Her eyes then shift to me and a subtle disapproving look masks her face.

I suddenly feel self-conscious in my plain blue t-shirt and sweatpants. While Luke can look super-attractive in even just his black t-shirt and capris shorts, I'm not that gifted. His 'I don't try, it just happens' messy hair also plays a huge role in his good looks.

I purse my lips and look at the menu. She's honestly really pretty, prettier than me at least. If she were not older than us, I'm pretty sure Luke would fall head over heels for her.

"Skittles, what do you want? She's waiting." Luke says. I look at the lady. She doesn't look like she wants to leave anytime soon, so I look back at the menu and give my order quickly. The lady puts her hand on Luke's shoulder, "Your order will be ready soon." And then she walks away.

I glare at her back as she goes, her hips moving a little too much for just a normal walk. "Skittles you're doing that again." Luke frowns and I turn to him, "Doing what?"

"Zoning out all of a sudden." He says and I pull my lips in a straight line and look down. "What's wrong?" he asks and I shake my head, "It's just that that waitress-the way she was looking at you."

Luke gives me a lopsided grin and leans back in his chair, "Are you jealous Skittles?" I blush and look away, "No of course not. It's just rude."

"Oh is it? Coz I swear I sensed every bit of jealousy in your words and tone." He snarked and I shake my head, "That's not what it was. Something's wrong with you. You just need your morning coffee to start thinking normally again. Why would I be jealous? I'm not a possessive girlfriend now, am I?"

"Such a big reply for my small sentence. Hm I totally believe you now." He rolls his lips in to control his smile, revealing his dimple.

I narrow my eyes, "Believe what you want, I'm just saying that she gave me bad vibes." He lets out a chuckle now, "Oh god you're adorable when you get jealous." He leans forward and pinches my cheek.

I swat his hand away and rest my elbows on the table, "Whatever."

Our food comes after some time and the same waitress as before delivers it to us. She bites her lip as she sees Luke and he in response, takes my hand and kisses it, "I love you Skittles. I always will."

My hand turns red and my cheeks heat up at his gesture. The lady clears her throat and puts the plate on the table, accidently hitting our hands apart. "Oops I'm so sorry. Enjoy your meal." She says with a fake smile, scurrying off.

I bite my bottom lip and glance at Luke, with a smile. "Was that better than the revenge you planned in your head?" He asks, smirking and I roll my eyes, nodding my head and laughing. He winks at me before attacking his food.

I ask again, what did I do to deserve him?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more chapter to go guys*excessively cries because of how much she's going to miss this*

LOVE ALL YOU GUYS SO MUCH...STAY SAFE XOXO