CHAPTER 9

YOU'RE A SHAPE-SHIFTING CREATURE

The next day, Tuesday, Liam and I go home after school but promise to be there at the airport when she's leaving.

When I reach home, I see the Johnsons sitting in our living room. Oh goodness are these visits going to take place often now?

I smile at dad and quickly walk to my room with my head down.

"Brooklyn you're home." He announces suddenly, startling me and in the process, I scrape my hip on the sharp edge of a wooden table kept in the corner turning into my room. I hiss in pain, clutching my side with my hand. 

While Luke is dying with laughter, the Johnsons and my dad come to help me. Well, Rosanna comes, Chris is trying to be respectful and not do what his idiot of a son is openly doing. Yes, laugh. Now I know where he gets it from. He's such a carbon copy of his dad, i tell you.

"Darling are you fine?" Rosanna asks me, holding my shoulders. "I guess so" I reply. "Luke go get the ice-pack and stop laughing." Rosanna scolds him. He purses his lips to try and stop laughing but after he comes back with the ice and sees me, he starts laughing again.

Such a pest.

I put the ice pack on my hip and go to my room with Luke trailing behind me on the adults' request, to apparently 'take care' of me. If anything, they should keep him away from me, because if he doesn't stop laughing this instant, the Johnsons are going to lose their son.

"Luke I'm warning you if you don't stop laughing..." I trail off. He holds his finger up, catching his breath. I so wish he could be deprived of oxygen right now.

"Skittles why-how did you even-oh god." He breathes heavily, still grinning and shakes his head. Goodness he's so infuriating and that smirk and stupid nickname he has for me makes it even worse.

"Oh god I think I scraped it real bad here" I say, gesturing to my hip and putting the ice pack back there. "Shit do you need anything?" he asks, his face full of concern unlike the smirk that was plastered on it seconds ago.

I like this side of him. The side that's still a concerned person unlike the I-don't-care attitude he puts up in front of people. "No I think. It'll just get better soon." I tell him with a smile. "Good. Coz I don't think I would be able to do anything, unless of course you were ready to-"

I throw a pillow at his smirking face before he could finish the sentence. There, the signature smirk of Luke Johnson is back on his face, "I was going to say let me help you. Jeez Skittles!"

I narrow my eyes at him and he winks. That jerk.

"Ow!" I exclaim, touching the back of my hand. I just saw a huge cut on it. How the heck did it even get there? Ah, another one of those random cuts people get out of the blue. I personally believe they are the cuts our self in the parallel universe probably gets. Call me crazy, coz i am.

Luke's eyes widen when he sees it and he looks back at me, "Does it hurt a lot?" He cringes as some red blood paints my finger I used to touch the wound. I stare at him. Wasn't he just teasing me a few seconds ago? Seriously is this guy bipolar or something?

"Hello? I mean I know I'm hot and all but try to control for now yeah?" Oh, there he is. There. He. Is. Back again.

"Shut up. And yes, it does hurt. Oh god I think I somehow got that part scraped too." I press the sides of the wound and blood starts oozing out. Luke slaps my hand, "Stop doing that!" I smirk at him, "Oh so this is what annoys you huh? Luke Johnson's weak point everybody."

I keep doing the same thing over and over to annoy him. "God! I hate you" he groans, holding my hands together so that I can't touch the wound anymore.