Chapter 54

A few hours earlier

"That's not possible", Oliver commented and my eyes focused as they recognized one of my classmates.

"There's no fucking way it's Robin", he added, the both of us watching as he snatched the book from my bag before disappearing from the room. Oliver's right, there's no way he'd know all these things about the group.

"How long before the bell?" I quickly asked and Oliver closed the app to look at the time "6 minutes"

"Let's find him", I said and he gave me a nod, following me as I hastily walked into the crowded hallway. We pushed ourselves through the students and after a few minutes of searching Oliver shook my shoulder "There"

My eyes darted to the direction he was looking at and I let out a big breath as I spotted Robin. At least one thing that's going alright...

"Robin?" I yelled after him and he turned our way, a bright smile on his face "What's up guys?"

"The book, why did you take the book?" Oliver went straight for the question and Robin looked at us confused before his face changed to an understanding expression "So you were the one that texted me"

Texted him... Of course we didn't think about that, we're such idiots..

"Where is it now?" I asked impatiently and he seemed kind of surprised but answered quickly nevertheless "The text told me to leave it on the desk at the library"

Oliver and I didn't even bother to respond as the both of us rapidly pushed our way to the library. Entering the library, the both of us sprinted to the desk and abruptly started searching it for the book. Of course, luck wasn't on our side...

"Goddamnit", I cursed and leaned my head back, closing my eyes. The book was gone...

"We should have thought about that", I heard Oliver speak and I sighed. I really thought we had them...

The sound of the bell made me open my eyes again and I found Oliver sadly smiling at me "I'm sorry Ella"

"It's alright, we'll find another way", I said and started walking out of the library to my next class.

I quickly waved Oliver off and cursed at myself as I entered my classroom.

That plan failed...

Back to present

So yeah I been so fed up with all this for the rest of the day and when Sarah asked if I wanted to join to group to go bowling after school, it's was one of two reasons why I really didn't want to go. The second being that the boys would be there as well, Daniel probably being one of them. It's not that I didn't want to see him but I honestly don't know how to behave towards him after our last encounter. I didn't change anything about the situation yet in my heart, it changed everything.

"Can you stop being grumpy and just try to enjoy this?" Sarah threw her arm around my shoulder as we crossed the street to go to the bowling alley. I really didn't feel like doing this, it was already pretty late as well...

My mouth opened to reply but quickly closed again as I found a familiar motorcycle parked at the side of the road. He's here...

"Come ooonn", she started dragging me towards the building and Sophia yelled loudly as we entered, earning all of them to look our way "We made iittt"

Daniel's eyes instantly found mine and I quickly looked away. Those eyes were the ones that made me weak and I couldn't be weak right now.

I shook my head lightly and quickly followed Sarah and Sophia as they went to go change shoes.