Chapter 39

Athena

The next 6 months with Dante felt like a whirlwind.

Everything was perfect. 

We were perfect. 

From cooking together, visiting cute spots in Italy and Netflix and chill. I love every single thing about it. With Dante I don't feel broken I feel whole. He makes me feel whole like I'm the only one he will ever need. 

But now I was in the living room finalising a few things. But Dante and I have never said a word about once the 6 months are over. 

Neither of us can bring ourselves to.

Knowing I have to leave my baby here and return to that hell.

I can't imagine it. 

So instead of pondering over what will be we are living in the present and thinking about our baby and ourselves. 

"What are you doing baby?" I jump when I hear Dante's voice enter the living room. 

I am on the couch with a list of names. 

"I don't want to find out our baby's gender Dante. I want it to be a surprise." I mumble as he takes a seat on the couch with me. 

Cuddling against him he pecks the top of my head. "Anything you want bambolina." He says.

"So what is this?" He grabs the notebook from my hands despite my struggle to get it back. 

"Ellie, Zander, Ariel, Maxim..." He stops when he realises the list continues. 

"Baby names huh?" He looks at me with a smirk on his face. 

I blush covering my face with my hands. "Do you have any favourites?" He asks uncovering my hands from my face. 

"I don't know. I wanted you to help me choose." I shrug. 

Without even looking at the list he answers, "I like Mirella for a girl and Marcello for a boy. Our beauty and our warrior!" He gives me a side glance as if asking if I like them.

I lean in and kiss him softly, "I love them!" 

I move my body and sit on his lap as I begin kissing him. I've missed this.

"Athena!" Dante murmurs against my lips. 

He rarely calls me my name it's always bambolina or baby. 

So I pull away and I don't even know why tears pool in my eyes. I blame the hormones and not myself. I get off his lap and run towards our room. 

Why did he reject my touch? 

Does he not find me attractive?

Mindless thoughts fill my brain as I over analyse every single thing as usual. I sit on the bed and play with the ends of my jumper. 

Dante walks in a worried expression on his face. "Baby. What did I do?" He asks concern laced in his voice. 

I don't look at him. I can't. 

Fuck this hormonal imbalance.

Fuck my horny ass. 

Fuck everything. 

I can't do this. 

Even when he sits down in front of me I don't look up until his fingers cup my chin forcing me to make eye contact. My blurry eyes blink back the tears but they continue to flow freely down my cheek.

"Did I do something to hurt you bambolina?" His voice is full of fear but I shake my head. 

"You called me Athena. I'm big and ugly you don't find me attractive anymore. You didn't want to kiss me." It sounds so childish but it affected me so deeply.

I'm not one for insecurities but now I have every right to be insecure. Instead of comforting me Dante starts laughing. I pull away from his grip and try not to cry so much. 

"I love you bambolina. So fucking much." He stops laughing once he sees my face.

"I called you Athena because I wanted to get your attention. I didn't want to hurt our baby by fucking you till you can't walk. And don't you ever call yourself ugly. I love you for you not your body." He says and captures my lips with his own. 

"I'm sorry Dante. And having sex doesn't hurt the baby!" I whisper softly. 

Dante smirks as his hand caresses my bare breast under my jumper. 

I smile. Everything he said makes so much sense. 

But my pregnant horny ass just wants him and him alone. 

The rest of the night we spent just like our first. 

Fiery touches. 

Secret kisses. 

And endless mind-blowing orgasms.   

A/N:

Just a little filler chapter ;)

Hope you enjoy. 

I've decided to post a few chapters at a time. 

There's about 20 chapters left. 

Soul x