Chapter 2

Athena 

"Girls! You have work today!" Mama's voice fills my eardrums and I groan. 

"Lyssa wake up!" I nudge her.

She says. "No stop 5 more minutes!" 

Yesterday was so hectic we talked and watched tons of movies before calling it a night and now we both are too tired to go to work. 

"ALYSSA!" I scream in her ear. 

"I'm up. I'm awake!" She screams and I giggle at her lost expression. 

Looking at me she scowls and pushes me off my bed. Having showered the night before I walk into my closet and decide on today's clothes. 

"Yo bitch come get dressed." Alyssa is going to be using my clothes since she brought nothing with her last night. 

I get dressed into a white cami shirt with navy blue trousers. 

I brush my bronde hair before tying it into a ponytail. Leaving my face au natural I decide I'm done. 

Besides I know Alyssa is going to paint my face with makeup for clubbing tonight. Alyssa comes out with a short grey skirt, black shirt, grey blazer and black heels. She borrows my makeup and paints her face.

"ATHENA! ALYSSA!" Papa's loud voice makes us still, grab our bags and run down the stairs. 

"Sorry Papa!" 

"Sorry Aodhan!" 

We both apologise and eat breakfast on the table. 

"Papa can Alyssa and I go out in the afternoon?" I ask while eating my oatmeal. 

"Of course. But I need all the work for the merger done by today. Then you are free to do whatever you want." He says and I nod. 

Knowing the merger is costing millions and he needs the paperwork today. Once we have finished breakfast, we go with Papa to Valentine Inc. Alyssa heads to work and I take my Mac out and start proofreading the details for the Merger. 

Spending hours on the paperwork it is finally done. I have printed out copies and have already sent them to Papa. All that is left is emailing the clients the details of the transition. But I can't seem to find their emails. 

"Papa. Can I have the email for the clients we are merging with?" I call him and he sends me the emails. I get to work with emailing the people.

Alyssa sends me a text saying she has a lot of work to catch up on and that she will meet me at my house to get dolled up for out night out. 

Her words not mine. 

Grabbing lunch from the restaurant downstairs my mind wanders back to childhood memories. 

"No you pushed me. Rom. That was my cookie!" I stomp my foot down angrily as Rom pushed me to get the last cookie Aunty Julia made. 

"My mom made them so it is mine!" He sticks his tongue out at me.

"Don't talk to me. I'm not your friend anymore!" I say goodbye to Uncle Nikolas and Aunt Julia before leaving. 

But his voice stops me from leaving. 

"Ena!" He calls out. 

With a defeated look I turn around. "What Rom?" 

He takes his hand out showing me. 

Half a cookie.

"For you. I'm sorry!" 

I take the cookie off him just as he hugs me tight.