To be Human...

"I will not treat you like an experiment," Shockwave wouldn't budge on this one topic, but without this singular detail, Ratchet may suspect things.

The first time I met the Autobots, I was tortured, and called out the only designation I could come up with at the time, revealing my connection with Shockwave, as well as my identity as a femme. If he realizes this single contradiction, all may be lost.

         "I realize how hard this will be, but both you and Knockout need to help him with the Synth-En project."

         "How come we cannot act as if you are being forced to help?" He questioned, "The Autobot medic has mentioned more than once of your intelligence to try and insure your possible safety."

I knew of this little fact and was somewhat flattered, but give it time and he'll figure things out. Ratchet might be older than most I know, but his processor never dulled.

         "Perhaps that will help for a time," I began to pace, a digit to my derma in thought. It'd be risky.

My pacing was interrupted by the gentle hold of Shockwave as he looked to me. His optic showed nothing, but I knew he was worried. This plan was risky, far more than the first part now that an Autobot is within the Nemesis walls. If he managed to call out to the Autobots, we may lose all our hard work to bring back Cybertron.

         "The Synth-En project can wait for a time," he told me, making a frown appear on my faceplate. I was about to protest, but he silenced me with a digit, making me rather cross, "I have something to show you."

         "An experiment?" my slight frustration was masked over by pure curiosity.

         "Of sorts," he admitted.

     Guiding me to the berthroom we now shared, Shockwave instructed me to lay down, to which I complied, my curiosity the only thing that distracted me from my racing spark. The scientist acquired something from a high shelf, bringing it near my neck cables. I flinched away from the device, unsure.

         "I have already tested it," he assured, "It will do no harm."

Slowly, I nodded, relaxing as Shockwave added the device to my systems. There was a click, and a short sting near the sensitive wiring, causing me to flinch away once more, but the device was already adhered to my circuits. I started to sit up, but Shockwave gently pushed me back down.

         "Focus on the device as you shut down." He ordered.

I was nervous, I will admit, especially not knowing what this device does. Finding that my anxieties were to much for me to be able to fall into recharge, I looked to the one opticced mech, about to say it was useless, only to watch him lie down beside me. He placed his canon by his side, gently placing his digits under my helm to cushion it. I always recharge better when he's around. Nodding my helm in thanks, Shockwave made no move as he watched me slowly fall into what I thought would be a regular recharge, focusing on the addition to my systems. Imagine my confusion when I opened my optics to see... myself...

     Trying to get up, my optics began to wander, but I found that sitting up was a chore in and of itself. Looking to my servos, I found them to be flesh, just artificial. A holoform... but it's so... grey. I can see the bones in the digits and arms... What human would look so sickly? Looking down to the rest of this new form I saw a loose dress, purple like my armor, but I practically swam in it. The hem was just above the bones of my knee joints, exposing the grey flesh of my legs. My fleshy pedes were hidden by loose fitting coverings. I left them on. Was this the human equivalent of my condition?