Revealed Rulers

Ratchet tried to escape, but I stopped him before he could get passed the lab doors.

         "(Y/D) what are you doing?! This is our chance!"

         "Our chance? An illogical assumption." I let a sly smile slide it's way onto my derma as Ratchet's optics grew as large as saucers in his far to late realization.

         "After what we did for you..."

         "Really? That's your accusation?" I huffed, "You tortured me, made me lose everything I had because of your cruelty, and made me look pathetic."

Stepping towards him, he took a step back, the finished Synth-En in his servo.

         "You have no clue how much I've wanted to see you on Shockwave's dissection table."

         "But Megatron won't allow it, will he?"

The Autobot scum looked so smug, as if he had me right there. Little does he know.

         "Megatron is dead," the bomb dropped, and Ratchet's optic brows furrowed in confusion, "You've been looking at, working beside and unknowingly helping one of two leaders of the Decepticon faction."

He began to shake his helm in disbelief as Shockwave came up behind him, first taking the Synth-En, then having a pair of Vehicons detain him and place him in the brig. I could only laugh, waving my taunt of a 'good-bye' to the flailing medic, so easily duped by a cripple. I heard the clicks of Shockwave putting the gold glowing canister away, and turned to find Knockout cleaning up.

         "If that's not enough," I sighed, "I can make more."

         "The Autobot won't help you this time," Knockout snarked, earning a pointed glare from me, servo on my hip plate.

         "I won't need it, and watch your tone, Doctor."

He quickly apologized, reminding himself that I was no longer going to be treated like the help anymore.

     I was glad when he left, resulting in Shockwave and I to have the entire lab to ourselves. We were silent for a time as he busied himself with some minor cleaning, and I recounted our stock of Synth-En. It was quiet, but not the tense, awkward quiet like when Ratchet was here. This was a comfortable quiet, one that only came when it was just us. Then it was broken with the shattering of a vial, one that I hadn't realized was leaning against one of the Syth-En canisters.

         "Primus, not again..." That was probably the tenth one that I had broken today, and it was starting to get frustrating.

         "You should rest," Shockwave urged, "It would do you some good."

         "A logical plan, but there's still much to be done," I fought him, bending down to pick up the shards, my servos already cut and bleeding, but as usual, I didn't quite care. Fortunately yet unfortunately, Shockwave did, and he made me get up, much to my disagreement, taking the glass shards from my palm and throwing the away.

         "You are far to careless."

         "And you're far to protective." I huffed, tired of being treated like a relic. Ratchet was annoying enough, but Shockwave treating me like some cine doll is just short of ticking me off.

         "Do the logical thing," he took one of my scarred servos in his always gentle one, "and humor me."

Shockwave simply stared at me, than again that's all he really can do and in the end, I gave in, letting my exhaustion show by just a bit as I leaned into him.

         "I hate you..."

         "If you meant that, you'd act upon it."

         "You're right," he always was, "but I say it nonetheless."

         "I fail to understand why."

This made me giggle, and I out the rest of my weight on my pedes, looking to him again.

         "Let's just call it a mystery."

         "I don't like mysteries," my scientist stated flatly, "They have unanswered questions."

I just rolled my optics and kissed the side of his singular optic, snickering slightly.

     Seeing one last shard on the floor I picked it up, about to throw it away when the sudden loud pedesteps of Predaking sounded at the door, and I jumped at the forceful sound of the lab doors opening.

         "Apologies for the interruption..."

Shockwave was about to say something, but I stopped him by holding up a servo.

         "It's alright, Predaking, we were about finished, what is this matter about?" 

I made sure to hide my now severely bleeding servo behind me, the shards imbedded deep in the metal.

         "The... first prisoner, is demanding an audience to see you..."

My Carrier, the reason I'm here, the reason I am now ruler of the Decepticons alongside Shockwave. The reason I have a blackened, empty part in my spark where our bond used to thrive. 

         "Inform her that she is not a priority, but I will see her in due time."

         "You are not obligated to speak to her."

Shockwave placed his servo on my shoulder plate, making me turn my helm to see him.

         "I know that, but she is still my Carrier, I cannot shut her out completely, especially when I feel her constant absence."

After a time Shockwave nodded his consent, and dismissed Predaking, he bowed before going back to his duties.

         "Far to careless," my scientist repeated from earlier, and took my servo to repair it's talc-like form, still blue with energon, and still hurting...