Gentle Caresses Sometimes are Harsh

"My Ladyship, Autobots have attacked our mines!"

The drone was frantic as he approached me, an interesting view as I sat on the throne.

         "Which one?" I asked calmly.

         "Pardon?"

         "Which, one?" I repeated, slowly, understanding why he was taken aback by my response.

         "Th-the closest to the equator... most had already been transferred..."

         "What percentage," I sighed, "I've said it one, I've said it a hundred times give me numbers not mere words."

So many smart drones, vehicons miners and seekers alike, so much stupidity.

         "M-more than 90%..."

         "Let them have it, and call back the troops along with the mining tools. We lost enough during the last incident." I waved it off, looking past the vehicon as Soundwave came through the automatic doors.

         "B-but the energon! A-and the Autobots are prone to any attack! Optimus Prime himself is leading the attack at this moment!" he argued, and I stared at him with bored optics as he ranted. By now Shockwave would have silenced him, Megatron would have shot him before he finished his first sentence. But me? I take pleasure in listening to their arguments, knowing that I have a method to my madness, and that of they opposed to strongly for my liking, Predaking would make easy work of them. Said Predacon stood at the side of the throne, and glared down at the vehicon, about to tear him apart, but I held up a servo, and sat forward in the giant throne.

         "The Prime himself you say? Then they have no chance what-so-ever," I deadpanned, "Soundwave, sine he won't do it, please call a retreat to the attacked mine," I looked back to the vehicon, "You will go and make sure every bit of equipment is brought back." Waving him off, the vehicon bowed hurriedly before leaving through a groundridge, courtesy of Soundwave.

         "~Beautifully handled~" Soundwave complimented with a recording of Shockwave, my scientist had said it once before, and it basically became the silent mech's thing.

         "It's not done without an amount of hesitation," I admitted, knowing Soundwave can keep a secret, "For every moment I'm in command their hate for me grows."

         "You fear mutiny?" Predaking asked, and I had to sit back in order to see him properly.

         "I can bet even Megatron had feared mutiny once, but that kind of dilemma is easily handled. No, I fear I may lose who I sit in this throne for." 

         "~Why the drones, Lord Megatron?~"

It was a recording of a very old conversation between Starscream and Megatron, way before Cybertron had gone dark.

         "~They are loyal,~" came Megatron's explanation, "~And will follow a single entity for as long as that leader's goal is upheld, even in their absence.~"

To those who wouldn't understand, this would have sounded like a warning, but it wasn't even close. This was a compliment from the silent mech, one that made me smile, and nod in thanks. He had complimented me on my loyalty to Shockwave, and how my first thought were not of myself when it came to losing the allegiance of my fellow drones, but of them going after Shockwave. I couldn't bare losing him, not now, not ever, and I will go to any length to ensure his safety.

     It wasn't a few moment later when the same vehicon came bursting through the door. How could I tell? Same as all vehicon drones can. Whether we like it or not, we're connected, much like the Seeker's are. It's a natural intellect.