5.

"Mummy!" Willow screeched as soon as she saw me by her class room door. I held onto her, squeezing her tightly.

"Hey, baby." I smiled at her.

"Where's dad? Aren't you working? Why are you here?" She smiled, her eyes large. Then Willows teacher came out, asking for a word.

"Willow's grades are dropping and her homework is uncompleted all the time."

I sighed. "I know, I'm sorry. I just started working and we are still adjusting to the change of routine. Her father wasn't much help. I'll be getting back on top of it." I told Martha, Willows teacher.

"I tried talking to Willow's father. He seemed disinterested about it all."

I pressed my lips together, nodding. That sounds about right. "I know, I do. But hopefully I'll have the problem fixed." I said, running my hand down Willows hair.

I led Willow to the car, leaving the hectic car park and turned in to the direction I had work.

"Where are we going?" Willow asked me, looking curiously out the window.

"I still have work, honey. So I want you on your best behaviour, keep the noise down. No running off, no roaming around. This is someones house."

Willow nodded, still staring out the window. "It looks so pretty." She whispered.

I looked at the scenery. I guess it does. The trees that lined the driveway were turning orange, some already falling to the ground as the tyres on my car crunched over them.

"When we get inside, I want you to take your shoes off and place them with your bag. You can have a snack from your lunch box and do your homework."

Willow groaned at my request buy I ignored her.

"Wow." She breathed out. "It's like a castle, mummy."

I smiled as I stopped the car, looking at the estate. I wouldn't say castle, but I didn't correct her. The place was, rustic, in a way. Charming and secluded. I actually didn't know there was a house at the end of this street until I came here for a job interview. It was just on the outskirts of the town and travel time was awesome because I lived a fifteen minute drive away, and it was only a eight minute drive to and from Willow's school.

"Remember, best behaviour. This is my job." I reminded Willow as we got out off the car. I still had a few minutes left before 3:15 and ushered her inside to the kitchen after she took her shoes off.

Willow climbed up on the barstool, looking around in amazement.

"It doesn't look like a castle on the inside, mummy." She told me and it made me smile.

"No, it doesn't." I said to her, opening a packet of Shapes for her to eat. "Now eat that, do your homework." I instructed

Willow placed her homework in front of her and opened the folder. I know some mornings I haven't been doing it and I knew damn well Connor wouldn't help her.

I looked at the pages and noticed we were three days behind. "Alright, start here." I pointed to Monday's column.

"But today is Thursday." She protested.

"And you didn't do Monday's. So start." I warned her as I opened the fridge. "Neatly."

Willow groaned again but I heard her pencil scratching against the paper as I started to make dinner.

Liz wanted lasagne again and I had no problem making it, chopping the vegetables and helping Willow with her homework.

"Spell, again." I stated, stirring the homemade sauce.