veintisiete

Tatiana and Oscar didn't end up leaving the house until midnight and even then, they didn't really want to leave.  It was a change from hearing casual gunshots and loud music, plus Miguel's house had a small movie theater and the couple was really enjoying his company.  After promising to return the next day, Tatiana finally let go of her dad and walked to the cherry red impala that she loved deeply.

"Oscar, I need to go to my house for clothes."  Tatiana called down the hallway.  The senior was coming to the realization that she's worn the same few outfits over and over for a while, and decided that it was time to return to her first home.

"Why?  You got clothes here."

"Cabrón, sólo tengo cuatro trajes."  Oscar sighed and picked up his keys, the familiar sound making Tatiana smile and throw on some slides she had in her dance bag.  "Thank you, amor."  She smiled, leaning up and kissing her boyfriend's cheek as some type of "reward" for taking care of her.  The pitbull in the house looked up at the two and whined at the lack of affection and readiness to leave.  "We'll be back Blossom, don't make a mess."  Said pitbull lifted one paw up for Tatiana to catch and closed her eyes when Tatiana scratched behind her ears and kissed the top of her head.

Oscar waited with the front door open for Tatiana to go out and locked the door behind him once they were both out.  The impala, as beautiful as ever, was in the driveway and ready to go as the couple got inside and started it up.  Tatiana's house wasn't far, but knowing her, she'll have bags on top of bags to bring to what Oscar calls "her new home".

"Do you think I should bring this outfit?"

"Tati, just bring everything and decide at the house."  Oscar sighed, exhausted from just looking at and giving his opinion on all the clothes Tatiana took out of her closet.

"That's too much, plus I wasn't to have some clothes here for emergencies."

Oscar sighed, then started to bake himself comfortable on the empty half of Tatiana's bed.  "Well, I'm taking a nap." 

Tatiana turned around to glare at the body on her bed before going back to deciding on which clothes deserve to be brought to the Diaz house.  About 2 hours and 2 duffle bags later, Tatiana had all the clothes she needed for a few weeks.

"Oscar, wake your ass up!"  With a quick smack on the head from a pillow, Oscar sat up with a glare.  Ignoring the glare etched on Oscar's face, Tatiana smiled and tugged on his hand so they could leave.  "Vámanos, tengo hambre."  The senior whined, trying her hardest to pull the cholo without hurting herself.

"That sounds like your problem."  Oscar mumbled, falling back into Tatiana's bed with his hand still in hers.  The motion pulled Tatiana closer and caused her to topple on top of him.  "If you wanted to get freaky, you could've just told me."

Tatiana ignored the smirk on Oscar's face and rolled her eyes, not movibg from her position.  "I'm hungry, not thirsty.  Come on, I want you to make food for me."

Lifting his head up to look at Tatiana, puppy dog eyed and all, Oscar groaned and sat up.  "Cualquier cosa por ti, mi reina."  He said sarcastically, picking up all her bags and following her to the front door.  "You sure you got everything, Tati?"  Oscar called down the hallway.  He got no answer and got curious as he walked down thw hallway and towards the front door.  "Tati?"

Tatiana was frozen in place, staring at the woman, who was standing on the porch, that she hasn't seen for 8 years. 

Yesenia Chavez stared at her daughter sadly and started to tear up when she had to slightly look up to meet her eyes.  Her clothes were tattered, bags rested under her eyes and her hair was a beautiful mess.  She had a small, barely-there smile that turned to confusion when Oscar stepped behind Tatiana to see why she wasn't moving.

"What are you doing here, Yesenia?"  At the use of her name instead of "mom" or "mamá", the older woman's heart clenched.

"I need help."

We love when drug addicts come back home 😩

Told y'all I was adding drama ;)

Penélope Cruz as Yesenia Chavez aka the deadbeat mom