42

"Mr Johnson, you are free to leave." a male doctor says as he enters the room and notices him and I in cuddled up in the hospital bed. "Your news story is all over the internet. I wish the both of you and your families well." He says calmly and Noah says thank you. The doctor looks at me but I couldn't open my eyes. "She wants to say the same thing but her energy levels are low." I hear Noah say and I nod in agreement.

"You know her so well. She looks complete with you. Don't leave her. That's my advice." The doctor states and Noah replies back with, "I would never leave her, she's my princess."

My heart!

I smile and I feel his warm lips make contact with my forehead. I hear the doctors footsteps leave the room and Noah shifts in the bed before picking me up. I snuggle into his embrace and he carries me out of the room with Mia, Lexi and Luke behind us. Soon enough, I feel the warm summer air and the sound of a car door opening. I get placed inside and a series of car doors shutting. I open my eyes and find myself lying on Noah with Mia and Luke holding hands at the front and Lexi next to Noah.

We drive to Mia's place and I check the time on my phone.

5:26pm

"Do you guys want to stay over longer today?" I ask Noah and Luke and they nod their heads. "I have to go back home." Lexi says and I lean over to take her hand. "Everything will be ok, Lex. Have faith." I say and she nods trying to hold back tears. We drop Lexi off first before heading back to Mia's place. I enter the house and head upstairs with Noah behind me.

"Madison?" He says as I'm in my closet. I walk out and he's sitting on my bed. He pats the seat next to him, gesturing me to sit down. "What's going on with us?" He asks. "I still need to heal with everything that happened. With you and with my mom. I still want you as a friend but I'm still hurt by what you did." I say quietly. He nodded quietly. He takes my hands and says, "I'll never stop loving you. Even taking a bullet for you won't be able to express how much I care for you." He says deeply before kissing both hands and my cheek. He leaves me on my bed, contemplating life.

************************

I wake up a lot earlier than I need to. Mia was still soundly sleeping on the couch. I look at my surroundings and I find Noah in the kitchen on his phone. "Why are you still here?" I ask groggily walking up to him. He shrugs. He walks towards me. "I want to kiss you so bad right now." He says in a husky voice that made me weak in the knees. "Who's stopping you?" I whisper and he crashes his lips onto mine. He lifts me up from underneath my thighs and sits me on the table counter. I throw my arms around him and being him closer to me. The spark that I had when we first kissed ignited inside of me. My legs wrapped around his waist and I break the kiss apart. "We really can't stay away from each other" I whisper and he laughs before resting his forehead on mine.

"Hey guysss!" Mia says leaning on the door watching us with a smirk. "You know, for two people that have broken up. You can't keep your hands off of each other." She states and Noah shrugs. "She's technically still my girl anyway." He says and I hide my face in his chest in embarrassment. He lifted me up and we walked into the sitting room where Luke was sitting on the couch on his phone. Mia went to go and cuddle with him. "You two are actually so adorable." I gushed when Noah put me down. I layed on his chest while he fiddled with my hair. "As if! You two looked so cute laying on Noah's bed in the hospital, even the doctor saw the love between you two. I fucking cried." Mia says and I laughed at her. Luke had his arm around Mia and he leaned in to kiss her. She smiled through the kiss and I swear I was grinning like a clown.

"So what's the plan between you two?" Mia asks and Noah looks at me. I run a hand through my waves. "I'm still hurt. And I have a lot on my mind," I say. "We will end up together again, but I need time. I don't know how long though."
Silence fills the room as everyone is in deep thought.

beep! beep! beep! beep! beep!

I pick up my phone and turn the alarm off. "I'm gonna go and get ready." I whisper and walk off up the stairs. Mia follows behind me and I hear the front door shut.

"Well that was awkward." Mia says.
"You got that right."