11

I walk out of my car with Mia, and Noah and Zayn walk up to us. "Can we skip school today? I really need to talk to you." He asks. His face is etched with worry and I should be understanding because of what happened between us but for some weird reason I didn't want to talk or have anything to do with him.

"I have cheerleading tonight and I have to be in school. I need a few days to process what happened so in the long run, it's better we forget it." I say before the shrill of the bell erupts around the parking lot and in the halls. Mia and I both have English so we make our way to main doors and Mia said, "You handled that situation really well and you made a good idea. Maybe you do need a few days to think this through."

"Really, Then why do I feel like I made the worst decision in my life?" I complained.

I couldn't concentrate through physics and for english, I sat with Lexi instead of Noah because maybe I did need space. We were talking about the stunt groups for a bit until I was pulled from my chair and out the class. I tug off the person's hand and kicked them in the gut but I look up and realise it's Noah clutching his chest in pain.
"Oh shit! I'm soo sorry I didn't know it was you." I rambled.

"I'm fine" He groaned. "Not gonna lie though, you did drag me out of class. What did you expect me to do?" I said while rolling my eyes.
He stood up sternly. "Listen, I know what happened last night was kinda messed up especially the part where I run out of your house without saying goodbye but I feel like we have this connection that could work."

"Noah I can't do it." I say calmly. "Why!?!?! Why can't you do it?!??! What's holding you back!?!?" He yells and the class is silent. I step back and he tries to comfort me but I put my hands up to stop him.
My breath hitches again and my heart starts to beat so fast I can't control it. "I-I-I'm gonna h-have a-a panic attack!" I manage to wheeze out.

The halls start spinning and I slowly lose my balance. I start to cling onto the walls for support. My legs turn into jelly as I struggle to keep upright. I feel a pair of strong hands hold me tight. The room suddenly goes dark. I can't see or hear anything.

Noah:

I was so frustrated all day and the worst part is she decided to go and sit with someone else in english!??! Was she that serious about what she said this morning? I try to concentrate but not having her near me is driving me insane. My knuckles turn white as I attempt to calm myself down. I jump up and grab her by the arm and walk out of the class. Suddenly she kicks me really hard right in the chest. I clutch onto my chest in pain.

Wow, this girl is strong.

"Oh shit! I'm soo sorry I didn't know it was you." I hear her say.
She's cute when she's scared.
"I'm fine" I groan, attempting to ease the pain.

"Not gonna lie though, but you did drag me out of class. What did you expect me to do?" She says while rolling her eyes.
The pain is suddenly replaced with irritation. "Listen, I know what happened last night was kinda messed up especially the part where I run out of your house without saying goodbye but I feel like we have this connection that could work."

She looks taken back, like she never realised that I had feelings for her. It must run in the family if she's that naive.
"Noah I can't do it." she says calmly and that's when I lose it. "Why!?!?! Why can't you do it?!??! What's holding you back!?!?" I yell and the class goes silent inside.

She steps back scared as hell and I instantly regret it. I try to step closer to comfort her but she puts her hands up to stop me. Every time I get closer to her, she lets her guard down and I somehow fuck it up and her walls grow taller than they were before.

She looks like she's gonna pass out and she's struggling to breathe. She starts clinging onto the walls for support. I frantically debate whether she's going to collapse or not.
"I-I-I'm gonna h-have a-a panic attack!" She barely manages to pull out before her legs give in and I rush to catch her. She seems so vulnerable surrounded by my arms. All of her weight burdens on me more and she's not responding. That's when I know she's passed out.

__________________

Haven't done a cliffhanger in a while so...Merry early Christmas!!