45

Aliyah|Queen

"Get back, Liyah." Kentrell pulls me back and Ky gets pushed back. He goes up to them and Kd comes up from the other side. After trying to break the shit up, they started yelling.

"WE'ON FUCK WIT OPPS!" They threw up north side is his face.

"Bitch we never lackin'." Yb said. "Ion give a fuck, we can shoot it out." I guess buddy did the math, because he backed off and told Ky to come on.

"Get yo stalker ass on." Was all she said as she walked past me to get in the house. We watched as he got in the car and started it. I turned around and started to go in the house my damn self.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

I turned around and my heart dropped as I watch them shoot back at the car.

"GET IN THE HOUSE!" Trell screamed at me as my eyes looked at the body on the ground. My stomach turned as I heard a car spin out. Somebody snatched me up and pulled me in the house.

"KD!"
*

"Man, you know his crazy ass woulda been joking around right about now." Ben mumbled. I laughed a little.

"Always joking at the wrong time and shit."

"Made ya feel a hell of a lot better, though." We've been sitting in this waiting room for hours on end. His mama and Ms. Monique was sitting a little ways away from us while talking. Out of nowhere, I started crying.

"He gone be okay, stop cryin'." Trell tried to comfort me.

"I'm a jinx." I mumbled. "I'm sorry." I told him.

"No you not." I heard a nurse announce Kd's name, cueing us to stand.

"Immediate family only." We we're all mumbling as his mama and Three's mama stepped up. She busted out crying, and I couldn't tell what she was feeling. They led them to the back.

More waiting.

She came back out, eyes puffy. Ms. Monique sat down.

"Y'all can go in, ion know how many people they letting back there. He in the third room on the right." She said, sitting down beside her. We all gave each other a look, then went straight to the back, despite the look we got from a nurse.

Kd looked like he had no control over himself. He had tubes and shit on him everywhere. He was on a breathing machine.

"Life support." Somebody mumbled as Ben sat down.

"Shit." Was all you could hear from him. It seemed like everything was taking a turn for the worst.
*

~Two Months Later~

"Man, stop!" I giggled as Kentrell pulled me down on the bed.

"No." He let out an ugly laugh as I tried to get up.

"I gotta go to work." I tell him as he wraps his arms around me.

"Quit that damn job, you know I got you. You need to be focused on school anyway."

"That damn job is keeping my head on straight." I kissed him and he let me go.

"Going to go see Kd today?" He still wasn't breathing in his own, but his mama still didn't want him to be taken off life support.

"I think so. Matter of fact, I'll go now." He said, getting up.

"Hand me my phone." I sigh as it rang on the dresser. Assuming it was my manager threatening my job, I went ahead and answered.

"Hello?"

"Is this Aliyah Green?"

"...yes?" I looked at him and he just stared back.

"This is Sargent Mullins, I was calling because we believed we've found your daughter." My face lit up as my heart fluttered.

"Where? Where is she?" She told me what floor in the hospital to meet her on for identification purposes. I screamed and jumped on Kentrell when the phone hung up.

"They found her! They found her!" I cried on his shoulder. Finally pulling myself together, I told him about meeting on the floor of the hospital. He was quiet as I got my keys.

"What? Oh my God, baby don't cry." He had sat back down on the bed, so I stood between his legs and hugged him.

"Aliyah..." He mumbled into my shirt. I pulled back and held his face in confusion.

"That mean she dead." I scrunched my face up.

"Noooo, not the morgue. She said the ground floor!" I shook my head. "You thinking of the basement."

"Even if I was...they got a whole baby unit, Queen." A separate children's hospital is just down the street. And they don't have a basement.

"No, shut up." I pull away.

"They called you to the morgue, shawty."

_____________________

Last chapter 😬

Idk if I put this pic already but I like it so here it is again

Comment & Vote 💚