Chapter Twenty-Five

Heyyy!

***

Chapter Twenty-five

Ashton's POV-

I guess I owe you guys an explanation...

Emily was my sister. Back when I was in the gang, she would tag along.

She was a brilliant fighter, and was as sneaky as a mouse.

But one time, they caught her off guard. James shot her in the forehead, and she was instantly dead.

That was when I had decided it was enough; I shot him.

I gave up the gang, because I couldn't shake the feeling it was my fault for her dying.

If I wasn't in the gang, she wouldn't have come, and she wouldn't have been killed.

I clenched my fists at my sides just thinking about it.

"Are you okay man?" Jake asked, gesturing to my tense and rigid frame.

I cleared my head by taking a swig of coke. You may be confused as to why we don't drink.

We're not idiots, we're too young for one, and two, that's an addiction we don't want to break in the future.

We're not average teenage idiots like most people tend to believe.

***

Alex's POV-

Violet and I signed our papers and were released from the hospital.

I held her hand as we drove through the streets around eight PM.

It getting dark and it was hard to see, but I managed to get us both home safely.

My stomach was killing me by the time I showered and crawled into bed.

Violet's mom was home already, waiting for her to get released. She had just been informed about what had happened.

She was sobbing when Violet and I got inside. Her mom gave me a hug, before I left, which I deeply appreciated.

I wouldn't have been surprised if she slapped me, since I was involved in this too.

I couldn't quit thinking about the millions of visible bruises, scratches, and scars on her skin.

It made my stomach churn.

Violet's POV-

Mom was still holding me and sobbing at midnight.

I didn't dare move, because this was comforting for me as well.

I didn't think I'd ever come home again.

***

The next morning mom and I decided to spend the day together.
There was a big graduation dance that one of the rich families in our senior class was holding, so we were dress shopping.

We had been searching for hours when I finally found one I liked. It was dark blue with purple and black accents.

I carried it off to the dressing room and slipped it on, before admiring myself in the mirror.

I don't normally get pleased with my appearance, but this dress made my waist look slimmer, my chest look bigger, and my behind look bigger.

We payed for the dress and went shoe shopping, and soon enough I found a pair of black heels that sculpted my legs attractively.

"Thanks mom!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around her as we exited the mall, bags hanging from our wrists.

She laughed, "No problem. Has Alex asked you to the dance yet?"

"No. But we're dating, so it's pretty much like a given that we go together." I shrugged. Is it bad that I was upset he didn't find a way to creatively ask me to the dance?

She nodded understandingly.

***

My phone dinged and I unlocked it, viewing an image Alex texted me.

Alex: Hey muffin, what do you think of this tux???

Violet: It's great 💕 you're picking me up at seven tomorrow, right???

Alex: Yeah...I'll talk to you later

I shoved a handful of Skittles in my mouth and pushed play on my laptop.

Is it bad that I was watching Johnny test? I'm almost an adult....

Screw it, who cares.

***

Noah's POV-

I watched as Ashton failed for the third time at tying his tie.

He had lied about not liking Violet, and today was the day he planned on making his move.

I frankly thought he was being an idiot, sense Violet's already dating Alex; if I told him that though, I would've been slapped.

"I really don't think you should do this Ash..." My voice trailed off when he narrowed his eyes and took a threatening step forward.

"Shut up Noah and tie my tie for me." He hissed, motioning for me to stand up.

This is gonna be bad.

***

Heyyy, what's up? How are you guys???

Don't forget to comment and vote, BYEEEE!