Chapter Nine

Bonjour 💕 Hope you're having a great day!

***

Chapter 9

My phone dinged in my back pocket and I pulled it out, letting a long sigh escape my lips.

Zach wasn't going to be here for a few more hours and I was bored out of my mind.

1 new message

I unlocked my phone and saw the message was from Alex. He must've slipped his number into my phone when I was at the mall with him and Ashton.

Alex is so hot: Hey sweetheart ;)

I cringed at the nickname he gave himself, and I changed it just to Alex.

Violet: How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that???

Alex: Whatever. Slide into something casual, because I'm taking you to lunch.

Violet: okay....why?

Alex: idk, I'm bored and you're never busy unless you're with us.

Violet: I hate to admit it, but that was kinda savage

Alex: ikr? ;)

Violet: quit winking, it's creepy

Alex: whatever. Get ready, I'll be there in ten

I shut my phone off and shoved it back in my pocket.

I was wearing high-waisted denim shorts, and a black halter top.

I slid on a pair of black high-top converse and gazed at my reflection in the mirror.

For once I was pleased with the girl looking back at me.
I wasn't angry any more. I wasn't hurt anymore; I was happy.

I jogged downstairs to the living room and sat with my phone in hand, waiting for Alex.

***

Finally the doorbell rang, and I skipped over to the door.

My jaw dropped when I saw the scene playing out in front of me.
Mom was standing there, conversing with Alex.

"So, are you and Violet...dating?" Mom asked, a hopeful smile playing on her lips.

My eyes widened, but I was even more shocked by Alex's response.

"Yes, as a matter of fact we are. We've been dating for a couple weeks now. Did she not tell you?"

School's over! Why is he still pretending we're together???

"No. Violet, why didn't you tell me you were dating such a nice young man?" Mom asked, her smile stretching into a full-blown grin.

"I meant to, you've just been working so much and it slipped my mind." I explained. There was some truth to that; she had been working a lot.

"Well, I'll let you guys go. Have fun sweetie." Mom murmured, pressing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

I smiled tightly, giving Alex an, "I'm going to kill you", look.

***

The ride was so quite I could hear my heart pounding in my chest. I was afraid he could too.

"Where are we going? We've been driving for a half an hour!" I exclaimed, resting my arm on the car door.

"It's a surprise. Why are you in such a rush? This is the third time you've asked that!" Alex replied irritably.

"My brother is visiting from college, and I want to be home when he gets there." I explained, and he furrowed his eyebrows together.

"You never mentioned a brother," He pointed out, and I shrugged.

The rest of the ride remained silent until we finally reached our destination.

***

He took my hand and laced our fingers together, which caused an eruption of butterflies in my stomach.

He gently tugged me into the small restaurant.

"Out of all the places we could've gone, why here? I mean it's so far away." I asked, looking quizzically at him as he held the door open for me.

"Because this place holds a lot of meaning for me.
Before my sister died from cancer, I took her here so she could have at least one good memory before she died," He sighed, and I gasped a bit.

I instantly felt remorse for saying what I did.

"I wanted to show you how special you are to me by taking you here." He smiled softly, placing his hand on the small of my back and guiding me effortlessly through the restaurant to a back booth by an open window.

"Thanks," I murmured, afraid to say anything else.

His smile just widened in return.

He scanned over the menu, before closing it.

"What're you getting?" I inquired, hoping he'd give me a good idea, because I had no clue what to order.

"Chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes." He replied, licking his lips as he daydreamed about the food.

I chuckled, rolling my eyes at him.

I don't know how to stop myself. I thought I knew I already loved him...But I just keep falling deeper...

***

Sorry this chapter was short :(

What do you guys think of the new cover???

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote, comment, and share! Don't be a silent reader, because no author appreciates a silent reader...

Byeeee! ♡