Chapter Twenty-Two

Hola!

***

Chapter Twenty-two

"Wait!" I called after him, looking intently into his eyes when he turned around.

"I forgive you."

His jaw slacked and his eyes widened, "Wait, really? Does that mean we're still together?"

I smiled, "I never said we were done."

He grinned toothily, walking towards me.
He cupped my cheek and placed a fond kiss on my forehead.

"I love you Violet."

"I love you too, Alex."

***

My legs hung over the top of the water Slide as I waited for the guard to give me the signal.

Finally he did and I let go of the handle and layed down on my back.

I crossed my arms over my chest and let out an excited squeal as I slid down the long tunnel.

I held my breath when I saw the end coming and I fell into the water.

Ashton, Alex, and Noah were waiting for me out of the water.

The four of us had gone to the nearest water park to have some fun after the long couple of weeks.

Jake wanted to come, but he got tied down to go to some family get together. Haha, sucker!

I swam to the wall and climbed out.

"Where to next?" I asked eagerly, bouncing on the balls of my feet.

"I'm hungry, can we find something to eat?" Noah inquired, his stomach growling as if on cue.

We all chuckled before nodding. The other two took off, but Alex stayed behind with me.

He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, looking contently into my eyes, smiling softly.

"Are you okay?" He queried, his tone soft and gentle.

I shrugged, looking down, "I will be."

He sighed, frowning.
He wrapped an arm around my shoulders before gently tugging me with him after the boys.

***

We all went to Alex's house for the night.
I reassured mom that I would be sleeping in the guest room, not with Alex.

Noah picked out the movie inside out and slid it in the DVD player.

You'd think that they'd watch manly action movies, but no. They watched Disney and Pixar.

I curled up beside Alex and rested my head on his shoulder, smiling contently.

Suddenly the two of us were blinded by a flash. I looked up and glared at Ashton when I realized he took a picture of the two of us.

"You freak!" I laughed, shaking my head.

"I own it baby." Ashton chuckled, winking.

Suddenly I was tugged closer to Alex, my head falling against his chest painfully.

"Ouch! Knock it off with your jealousy and man pride." I hissed, loud enough for the other two to hear me.

"Ooh," Noah smirked, his eyes humorously flickering between Alex and I.

We finished watching the rest of the movie, the amount of tension and awkwardness drowning all of us.

***

I woke up the next morning and we were all piled on top of eachother.

I shoved Noah's legs off of my waist, and Ashton's arm off my head.

I stood up, and it was then I realized Alex was gone.

Before panicking, I went through the house first, searching in every room I could think of.

When he was nowhere to be found, I left the house, grabbing my keys first.

I didn't want to wake the guys up and worry them, so I didn't tell them I left.

He wasn't at the beach, he wasn't at the park, I couldn't find him.

I had sent him a text, but he hadn't replied to that either.

I pulled over by our old school building and started walking through the alleys, because I heard that he would sometimes go there to think.

I saw a dark shadow in the corner of one of the alleys. My hopes started rising as I cautiously crept towards it.

"Alex?" I spoke wearily. The shadow's head snapped up and we locked eyes.

I knew it was him then; I caught sight of a pleading glint in them.

"Go Violet!" His voice came out thin and broken.

I noticed tear stains on his cheeks, as he motioned for me to run.

I shook my head, "No, I'm not leaving you a crying mess in the back of an alley. What ha-"

I was cut off by a hand being cupped over my mouth. I was blind-folded and yanked backwards.

Alex stood up to chase after me, but instantly collapsed on the ground again.
I then noticed a bloody hole in his stomach.

My eyes started tearing up and I tried to pull out of the man's grasp, but I couldn't.

I felt one of his hand's rise, and instantly I was out cold.

***

This was honestly not planned, I have no idea what's gonna happen next :(

I'm internally sobbing while I write this!

Don't forget to hit that vote button and comment. Do you think we can get to 1k reads before the 25th chapter???

Byeeee!