Chapter 9 Behind Closed Doors

"Dick, we are being followed," Danny stopped walking to try to hear the footsteps if who was following them.

After a few minutes, Danny had located where the footsteps came from. "I located where the footsteps came from. Follow me," Danny whispered to Dick. They both headed to where Danny heard the footsteps.

Danny stopped in front of the hotel him and his family were staying at and saw a figure on the top of the hotel. "They're up up there" Danny pointed at the figure. "Danny, you need to go in and I'll deal with him," Dick told Danny as he hugged him.

Danny went inside the hotel and Dick walked into the nearest alley. "Little D what do you think you're doing?" Dick walked Damian. "Father wanted me to keep an eye you and Fenton" Damian explained. "Well, Then let's head home!" Dick said climbing to the roof and running to the next building.

They soon mad it back to Wayne Manor, Once they walked in the chaos started. "Got to love our family, right little D?" Dick stated rubbing Damian's head.

"Drake, Todd where you two!" Damian yelled as he threw a metal bucket across the hall. Tim and Jason ran to their rooms, while Dick ran over to Damian.

A laugh came out of nowhere causing in both to jump, though Damian would never admit it. "Neither Tim or Jay did this, Phantom did it!" Phantom then appeared in front of the boys. "FENTON!" Damian yelled as he lunged at Phantom. Dick looked up at Phantom "Dammit Daniel, I took you home about ten minutes ago!" Dick scolded grabbing Damian's arm. "Dammit Richard, I know we need to stay together!" Phantom mimicked rubbing their heads.

"Young Masters, time for dinner," Alfred called from the of the stairs. "Danny, detransform and let's go eat," Dick sighed walking away with Damian right behind him. Danny did as was told and followed.

They reached the kitchen to see a Thanksgiving dinner but chicken instead of turkey. "Dick, I thought you brought Danny home?" Questioned Bruce looking up from his paper. "I did, Bruce" He answered sitting next to Bruce.

"Brothers need need to stick together," Danny stated sitting next to Dick. "Why did you come back?" Jason asked across from Danny. Danny sighed "Because Jack and Maddie don't really care about me, all they care about is Ghost and Bruce excepting their partnership," He looked down at his food, "And Jazz working on her college applications."

Everyone looked up at Danny, who had a couple tears rolling down his cheeks.

Bruce was the first to speak up. "Danny, you can stay here whenever you want." Danny looked over at Bruce with a smile on his face. "Do you know what would be better than that?" He questioned looking around the room. Everyone, besides Bruce and Dick, looked at him questioningly. "And that is?" Bruce pushed on with a rare but knowing smile. "I become part of the bat family!" Danny yelled excitedly. Bruce thought for a minute."Yeah, but we will have to go to the courts about this." He explained as he ate his dinner.

Once everyone was done with dinner, they all watched a movie in the living room. Bruce, Dick, and Danny were on the couch while Tim and Jason were on the two armchairs and Damian was pouting on the floor. "Dami, stop your pouting and come sit with us," Dick said as pulled Damian onto the couch. Damian didn't resist and allowed himself to be pulled on the couch.

"I can tell who Demon likes," Jason stated watching Dick drag Damian onto the couch. "-TT-" Damian clicked his teeth and glared at Jason. "Stop it you two!" Danny snapped standing up. "Danny, are you okay?" Dick asked as he stood up as well. Danny looked down at the floor and sighed. "No, I'm not. I'm sorry but when Jack and Maddie fight they go back and forth," Danny started, "Eventually they are physical to their baby boy. I hate it when they fight. Jay and Dami just brought up a few memories." After what Danny said everyone went back to watching the movie.

Two hours later the movie was over and Tim, Jason, and Damian had fallen asleep about an hour into the movie. Danny checked his phone and saw five missed calls from Jack, Maddie, and Jazz. Bruce, Danny, and Dick headed to the Holiday Inn; Danny climbed out of the sports car. "Night, Bruce, Dick. See you soon!" Danny waved as he walked inside. "Night, Danny," Dick whispered as he watched Danny's retreating figure. Danny reached his and Jazz's room and walked in. "Danny!" Jazz yelled as she hugged him. "Where have been?!" Danny sighed "I was with Dick and them." Jack and Maddie rushed into the room and Jack walked over to Danny and smacked Danny across the face.

"Why were you at Wayne Manor?" Jack asked irritation in his voice. Danny fell onto the hotel bed. "I went to see my little brother! The last time I saw him was when we were six years old!" He shouted as he stood back up. "Danny, calm down. Your eyes are turning green!" Jazz whispered the last part. Danny immediately calmed down.

-------------------------------------------------

Word count 890

Remember to stay whelmed and feel the aster, my little birdies

❤Love ya❤