Chapter Nineteen

Kamari's POV

The school was now back in session after that major storm we had. Grandma's house was skipped thank God.

As I was driving to school trees were all in the road so it took me longer than usual to get here.

Professor Smith was very understanding so I didn't get into much trouble as I would if nothing like this never happened.

"Alright class so I know you've heard about graduation being around the corner so you guys know what that means today will be the last day for review and then tomorrow will be time for the test." Professor Smith explained.

I have been studying whenever I can it's been very hectic. But once this is all over I can start my career and maybe even go further with my education to become a doctor who knows?

Professor Smith had us take more notes on what to do when we have trouble with a question. Oh yeah, y'all probably wondering what happened at Devon's basketball game.....

-previously At the game-

"Ok Kamari you ready to go in now," Simone asked me. "Yeah I'm ready," I said while looking at myself in the mirror making sure I looked good.

We walked into the building and gave them our game tickets. Once they checked the tickets they let us through the metal detectors and we walked to our seats.

People were staring hard as fuck at us like damn y'all ain't never seen two bad bitches together before. After a while, our team came running out on the court.

I screamed Devon's name making him look up he looked so happy to see me. They did the tip-off and of course, we got the ball Devon smacked the hell out of that ball.

After the first 2 quarters, it was half-time. Since the beginning, I haven't touched my phone and I was entertained throughout the whole 2 quarters.

"Hey Kamari I'm hungry you want to come with me to the concession stand?" she asked me. "Yeah, I could use a cola and Sprite mixed," I said to her before getting up.

We walked towards the double doors that led straight to the concession stand. As expected it was crowded as fuck I just want my drink and get the fuck on.

"What you about to get Simone?" I asked her. "I want a chili cheese dog with some chili cheese fries and a cola with a snicker bar as well," she said while rubbing her stomach.

"Girl you gone blow that bathroom up when you get home because Simone that's too much chili and cheese that baby gone be chubby as fuck." I told her.

"Don't worry about my Son he is going to be healthy not fat but healthy mama gotta feed her little chubby guy," she said while looking at me smiling.

"Oh, Kamari I love you so much but that nigga is crazy as hell," she said. I just nodded my head in agreement to keep from wanting to talk about it.

We finally were next in line I ordered me my Sprite and cola mixed before Simone ordered all that fattening bullshit.

Simone said she was going to pay for my drink so I told her alright. If you wanted me to argue my sister down about not letting me pay you got the wrong person.

After she paid for everything we walked back into the court and sat back in our seats. We were just in time because the last 2 quarters had just started.

We were in the lead with 58 points Devon has been making a lot of three points. The other team looked a bit tired like they just giving up.

They keep passing the ball to Devon and he makes every basket. The crowd was hyped when he made the shots.