chapter 24

*:・゚✧*:・゚

After the events of Saturday; which consisted of gossiping with Penelope, finding out about her life and that fact that she had bagged a soccer player called Calum, baking cookies that almost got burnt, going on a walk around Lacey, and sitting in comfortable silence while scrolling through TikTok, Maya had subjected herself to the mess that was her bedroom. And the fact that she was going to have to tidy everything up, or else her neat freak brain who go into overdrive and she would probably collapse. Which to some extent wasn't an exaggeration.

She hollered Allie into her room, "Allie can you come here please I need your help." Footsteps were heard across the landing before the older girl popped her head into her sisters room. "What's up?" She questioned as she walked in, her eyes surveying the room. "I need help tidying, I'm way too tired to do this by myself." Allie nodded as she picked up a t-shirt that as lying on the floor, "All right neat freak, let's get to work."

For the next hour, the two girl went back and forth picking up clothes and makeup brushes, books and shoes, pencils and anything else they could find that was out of its place. Occasionally Maya would start humming song, but she would get quickly sidetracked by putting away her books and wild stop humming.

When they were almost finished, Maya phone started ringing from where she had left it on the bed. Without looking to see who it was, she answered the cal, putting it on speaker.

"Hey you're on speaker." The brunette girl said as she continued to put away her shoes. "Hey Maya, what are you up to?" The boys voice came through. Brady.

Shit I should have checked who it was.

Maya froze for a few seconds before answering, "Oh hey Brady, just cleaning my room. What about you?" She could hear pots and pans clanging in the background from the boys end of the line, and she raised an eyebrow. "Just tidying up the kitchen. Hey I was wondering, do you think you'll have finished cleaning your room in like, half an hour?" Brady questioned as Maya looked at her room.

Allie nodded her head enthusiastically, urging her younger sister to say yes. "Yeah I think I will, why?" She threw a tshirt at her older sister as she asked the question. "I was thinking we could go to the hang out spot with the group. You down?" Maya smiled at the bus statement. She loved the hang out, especially being there with her group.

My group. Gosh that's weird to say.

"Yeah I would love to. But this time I'm picking you up. Guys have got to be treated nicely too y'know." The brunette girl heard Brady chuckle from the other side of the phone, instantly bringing a smile to her face. Allie silently cheered, making her sister blush slightly. Maya had never been so forward in her life, but form the moment she met Brady, it was like she had become a new person, "I'll be at yours in half an hour. See you later Brady." She smiled, "See you later Maya."

Once she had insured that the phone call had ended, she let out a squeal as she hid her head into one of her pillows. Allie laughed at her younger sisters state, glad to see that she was finally happy. "I didn't know you had it in you to say that." The older girl smirked as Maya lifted her head from the pillow. Even she didn't know she had it in her, but before she could stop herself the words were already tumbling out of her mouth. Not that she regretted it, it was just surprising and unexpected.

Maya spent the next thirty minutes tidying the rest of her room before hopping in the shower for what would probably be considered a guinness world record for the quickest body and hair shower ever. Once she had dried off, Maya went to assess her wardrobe to pick out an outfit. After a few minutes of contemplation, she settled on a pair of blue striped flannel trousers, which to Allie seems more like pyjamas but in reality weren't, and a grey crop top.

Even though the sun was shining, Maya quickly grabbed a hoodie before she left the house. Unlocking her car, she put her hoodie and bag in the back seat before getting in, connecting her phone to the aux and picking a playlist before starting the car and pulling out of the garage. It didn't take long for Maya to arrive at the Noon's residence, remembering the route Brady took the weekend before when they went to the barbecue.

In no time at all, Maya pulled her car into the Noon's driveway, killing the engine before walking up to the door and knocking. A blundering of footsteps came from the other side of the door, Connor opening the door in a rush, with Brady running after him. "Hello Maya, came to pick up Brady huh?" The brunette girl laughed at the twins dishevelled state, clearly they were racing to see who could answer the door first. Maya nodded, "Hi Connor. Yes I did come to get your brother. Do you want me to take you too?"

Connor accepted Maya's offer, running upstairs to get a jacket. Brady watched as his twin went up the stairs, mentally cursing for having let him get to the door first. "If it's any consolation, I'm sure Micah will bring him home." The brown haired boy turned to look at Maya with a mischievous smile, before pulling her into a hug. "You look really nice, I like these trousers on you." He whispered into the girls ear, his arms wrapped low around her waist. Maya could feel the butterflies arising in her stomach at the boys delicate touch on her lower back. "I'll make sure he goes with Micah." He planted a kiss to her neck before suddenly pulling away from her when they heard Connor coming down the stairs.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

authors note
new chapterrr
i'm sorry i haven't updated in a hot minute, but i'm gotting back into writing more regularly so frequent updates will be back!
don't forget to vote!