chapter 13

*:・゚*:・゚

As the boys went to open the tops of their cars and get the food out of the trunks, Maya and the other girls stayed behind to get to know each other.

"You're in my geography class aren't you? You sit next to a redhead girl?" Sophie asked, breaking the silence. Maya nodded, "Yes I am. And her name's Gracie; the redhead girl."

"Right, sorry. You're just both so quiet, I just never took any time out to get to know you both. But I like you already. I trust Brady's judgement." The blonde girl gave her a reassuring smile.

Victoria spoke up, "Brady talks a lot about you, all good stuff I promise. He really likes you." The boys came back over as the girl finished her sentence, Brady slung his arm around Maya's shoulder in a comforting manner, earning a smile from the girl.

Everyone went over to the cars, where the boys had set up the pizza boxes on the car bonnets. The brunette girl took a slice of pizza and sat down in the passenger seat of Brady's car, while the boy leaned against the car door with a can of fanta in his hand.

"So M, are you coming to the game on Monday?" Connor questioned the brunette girl, making everyone else turn to look at the girl.

She shrugged. "I don't know, volleyball games aren't really something I tend to go to, especially not at school." Brady frowned as the girl spoke.

"It's the first of the season, you have to come Maya. Please." The boy gave the girl his best puppy dog eyes, making the brunette laugh and shake her head with a smile.

"I don't know Brady, it's a lot of people crammed into the gym hall. I don't know if my social anxiety can do that." The girl scratched the back of her neck nervously, avoiding everyones eyes.

Brady bent down to look at the girl, worry in his eyes. "You can stay on the sideline benches, only a few people are allowed to sit there. You can stay with Vic and Sophie. I really want you there." The look in the boys eyes read nothing but truth, and something in Maya seemed to change as she looked at the boy.

"Alright, I'll go. Only because it's you Brady." The girl said, sighing in defeat; but deep down she didn't mind, she really wanted to watch the boy play. He smiled brightly, pressing his lips to the girls forehead for a split second.

The brunette girl didn't even have time to comprehend what was happening before it was over, leaving her with a light pink hue on her cheeks.

Angelo spoke up, breaking the moment between the two, "We're gonna be there too y'know." The boy joked, making everyone laugh. "Right sorry, only because you're all going to be there." The girl laughed as she gestured to the six people around her.

Maya was surprised that she felt so comfortable with Brady's friends, she hadn't felt so integrated in a friend group in quite a while, and she made a mental note to introduce Gracie to Sophie and Victoria.

*:・゚*:・゚

authors note
please keep in mind that victoria and sophie are fictional; they are not to any extent related to angelo and micah's girlfriends.
also, i love this chapter sm, brady is such a cutie!
don't forget to vote!