chapter 9

*:・゚*:・゚

Maya woke up the next morning in an unexpectedly good mood. She didn't know if it was the fact that her sister Allie was back home for a week, or her newfound friendship with the Noon brothers, but a small smile held its self on her face as she showered, changed into her clothes for the day and made her way downstairs to make her salmon and cream cheese bagel.

As she rounded the corner into the kitchen, she found her sister sitting at the kitchen counter, slowly sipping her cup of tea as she stared out at the backyard.

"Hey, you okay?" The girl questioned as she came around to stand next to her sister, concern in her eyes. The older girl lifted her eyes from where they were trained on the window, giving Maya a soft smile.

"Yeah I'm okay. Just couldn't sleep, it's weird to be back." Allie looked down at her shoes, her hands wrapping around the tea mug to heat them up.

Maya walked over to the fridge, opening it and taking out the smoked salmon and cream cheese, while keeping her eyes on her sister, "Why? Something wrong?" The older girl swivelled around in her seat as the brunette girl started making her breakfast.

She shook her head, "Nothings wrong. I just feel like I've missed out on so much. You're so grown up." Allie held a sad look in her eyes as she looked at her little sister.

In the year that Allie had moved out, Maya had learnt to get by without her sister by her side. She  learnt how to drive, started senior year, and Allie felt bad for not being there to see everything.

"You don't need to feel bad sis, you did what you needed to do. I'm fine, you haven't missed out on much. I'm still the same." The brunette girl smiled up at her older sister as she put the other slice of her bagel, wrapping it in tin foil and setting it beside her bag.

"You have a shine in your eyes that I haven't seen in a while Maya, I've missed out on something I'm sure. Made some new friends?" The Noon brothers popped into the girls head as she looked at her sister.

She nodded, "I was sketching in the gym hall and this boy and his twin brother came to talk to me. I think they consider me their friend." The brunette girls sister smiled brightly at her words.

"What are their names? Are they nice?" The older girl inquired as she hopped off the stool.

"Brady and Connor. And yes, they're nice. Brady offered to keep me company while I sketch." The corner of Allie's mouth pulled up a bit, eyeing her sister. Maya gave her a look that read 'I know what you're thinking and don't say it'.

Allie smiled, "How cute. I have a feeling you're going to become quite close with this Brady."

Maya rolled her eyes at her sisters comment, but deep down she did truly hope she'd grown close with the brothers, especially Brady, who she'd quite fond of in the short time she'd know him.

"We'll see Allie. Now I've got to go. Have a nice day." The brunette grabbed her breakfast, phone and bag, giving her sister hug before leaving the house.

*:・゚*:・゚

authors note
allie is back!
don't forget to vote!