chapter 10

*:・゚*:・゚

As Maya parked her car in the parking lot, she noticed a group of boys standing around a car, talking amongst themselves. Once she had killed the engine, she stayed in the car for a minute texting Penelope.

The brunette girl jumped when she heard someone knock on the window. She pulled her eyes away from her phone to see Brady outside, a small lopsided smile on his face.

She opened the door of her car, hopping out with her bag and phone in hand as she gave the boy a smile.

"Good morning Maya. Wanna walk with me to class?" The boy said as he waved good bye to his friends quickly before turning his attention back to the girl.

She smiled, "Good morning Brady. Sure. Did you do the homework?" The girl inquired as they both began to make their way into the building, their shoes squeaking against the floor as they walked to their Science classroom.

The brown haired boy turned to look at the girl with a surprised expression, "There was homework?" His voice came out an octave higher than usual, making the girl laugh.

"If we hurry up and get to class I'll let you copy my work before Mr. Abardeen arrives."

Brady laughed as he gently grabbed the girls arm, pulling her down the hall to the classroom. They quickly stumbled into the room, the boy taking his notebook out of his backpack and sitting down, looking at Maya, patiently waiting for her homework sheet.

The girl reluctantly handed the piece of paper to the boy, before taking out her sketchbook and sitting down in her seat with a pencil in her hand. She looked at the boy behind her, quietly laughing at how concentrated he looked.

Through the corner of his eye, Brady spotted the girl laughing, shooting her a smirk before looking back down at the paper.

"Why are you laughing?" The boys voice broke the silence, his eyes still trained on the pieces of paper.

"Your concentration face is interesting. Your tongue pokes out of the corner of your mouth." The brown haired boy smiled as he leaned back in his chair, passing Maya's homework sheet back to her.

"Interesting? Or do you mean cute? Your concentration face isn't much different. You jut out your bottom lip while you're sketching."

I mean it is cu-

Wait what?!

He noticed?

A light blush graced the girls cheeks as she looked down at her desk.

"You noticed that?" The girl crossed her arms across her chest as she looked at the boy. He nodded, "While I was at practice I looked up at the stands and you were really fixated on a drawing and your bottom lip was jutted out in concentration."

Not even Maya herself had noticed that she did that, and she suddenly felt extremely vulnerable in front of the boy. He noticed the change of emotion in the girls eyes, leaning forward to place a hand on her arm.

"Hey don't close off now. I didn't want to come off as weird. I just thought it was cute." The girl gave the boy a soft smile as she shook her head.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to do that. I just didn't realise that you actually noticed me. It feels nice to finally be noticed."

*:・゚*:・゚

authors note
i'm not sure how i feel about this chapter
let me know what you think
don't forget to vote!