chapter 11

*:・゚*:・゚

The weekend quickly rolled around, and Maya found herself laying in bed staring at the ceiling at 10am, bored out of her mind. Her teachers hadn't assigned any homework and her brain wasn't fully functioning yet to think of something to do.

A ping from her phone made her roll onto her side, groping her bedside table with her hand until she found her phone, slowly bringing it to her face to unlock it.

Various text messages from Brady were dropping down on a banner. The girl tapped the notification, the messaging app opening on her conversation with the brown haired boy.

mr. libero
Maya
Mayaaaaaa
Maya answer the damn phone please

Maya
i'm here Brady

Thank god, I thought you were dead ngl

i'm very much alive, what's up?

Are you free rn?
I'm bored and Connor isn't home

yeah i'm free, what have you got in mind?

Pick you up in 15 min

After that message the boy didn't say anything else, leaving the brunette girl confused at to where they were going. With absolutely no context of where they were going, the girl climbed out of bed and up to her wardrobe, assessing her options.

After several minutes and indecisiveness and procrastination, she settled on her Yellowstone Park crewneck and black jeans with a pair of blue nike dunk lows. She took the quickest shower in the history of showers so that she could have time to get changed and eat before Brady showed up.

Maya was sitting at the kitchen counter sipping on her coffee when Allie came walking in, with a skip in her step.

"Good morning Maya, did you sleep well?" The older girl asked as she gave her sister a hug before starting to make her breakfast.

"Good morning Allie. Yeah I slept well, I'll be heading out in a bit, I might not be back for lunch." Allie turned to look at her sister with an expression that read 'you're leaving the house on your own accord?'

The girl propped her elbows on the counter, her chin in her hands as she looked at her little sister. "Where are you going? And with who? Wait is it that Brady boy? Please tell me it's him! Is he coming to pick you up here?"

The brunette girl gave her older sister the look, making her stop her questions, "Yes it's Brady, I don't know where we're going and yes he's picking me up h-" Before Maya could finish her sentence, there was a knock on the door, making her hop off the stool and go to answer the door; Allie trailing behind her, to finally see Brady with her own eyes.

She opened the door slowly, a smiling brown haired boy on the other side of the door, "Hey Maya, you ready to go?" The boy questioned as he gave the girl infant of him a bright smile.

"Hi Brady. Yeah I'm ready. But I think my sister wants to meet you first." The brunette girl smiled sheepishly as she stepped to the side so that her older sister could step forward.

"Hello I'm Allie, Maya's older sister. You must be Brady Noon." The older girl gave the boy a short smile, which he reciprocated.

Brady swayed awkwardly on his heels, "Nice to meet you. Yeah I'm Brady. I promise we're not going to do anything illegal. I'll have her back by sundown." The boy rushed out his words under the gaze of Maya's older sister.

Maya laughed quietly at the boys nervous state.

"Brady it's fine. I don't have a curfew." She then turned to her sister, "I'll text you when I'm coming back and don't worry, Brady doesn't do anything illegal." Maya skipped down the steps to join Brady, as they both bid good bye to Allie before the brown haired boy led her to his car.

*:・゚*:・゚

authors note
i'm so sorry for being inactive for so long, my mental health was quite bad so i took a break from publishing, but i'm back!
also, where do you think maya and brady are going???
don't forget to vote!