Chapter 16

Omniscient

"Do you know what today is? It's our anniversary." Jeremiah sung to Cherie. Cherie laughed, wiping her eyes and sitting up in the hotel bed. They were currently in Orlando and were flying out to Turks and Caicos tomorrow. They'd flown in yesterday for a birthday party for one of Jeremiah's childhood friends, atleast that's what Cherie had been told.

"I got us some breakfast from downstairs."

Cherie noticed the plate on the nightstand beside the bed. "Thank you." She smiled. "Let me go brush my teeth before I eat."

"Yeah, your breath stinks." Cherie rolled her eyes.

"No it does not."

"It does, but that's okay." Cherie ignored him, removing the covers and heading into the bathroom.

Once she brushed her teeth and washed her face, she made her way back into the bedroom. She grabbed her plate that was full of food and began eating.

"I made you an appointment at a boutique to find a dress for the party." Cherie frowned.

"Why? It's just a party."

"I know, but he wants it to be real dressy so I got somebody to do your makeup and hair too." Cherie gave him a suspicious look.

"Why are you just now telling me this?"

"He just told me yesterday."

"What's really going on?" Cherie questioned. There was no way he was doing all of this for a friend's party.

"Nothing."

"Mhm, sounds like you're trying to have a surprise dinner for our anniversary." Cherie smirked. "Is that it?"

"No, if that was the case we would've still been in LA or Turks and Caicos."

"You have a point." Jeremiah's shoulders relaxed a little.

After breakfast, Cherie caught an Uber to the boutique to pick out a dress for this evening. "Welcome to Bella's Boutique." The woman spoke as she entered the boutique.

"Hi." Cherie smiled.

"How can I help you today."

"My boyfriend booked an appointment. It's for Cherie."

"Ah! Yes, going to a birthday celebration right?"

"Yes."

"Well let's get started." She clapped her hands. "I'm Victoria."

"Cherie." Cherie shook her hand.

Victoria led Cherie to the back with some dresses on a rack. "When I spoke to your boyfriend on the phone he was thinking about a red dress, he said you look really good in that color." She looked at Cherie's deep complexion. "I think he might be right."

Victoria picked a few dresses from the rack that she thought would look good on Cherie then handed them to her. Cherie went in the dressing room to go try them on. The first three were a no, but the last one was a yes. She didn't need to try on anything else, this was the dress. The dress she'd chosen was a red maxi, backless, and floor length dress.

Victoria made sure the dress fit correctly then Cherie went to change back into her clothes. While at the boutique she found some gold heels and a gold purse to go along with the dress. When she was finished she headed back to the hotel.

Jeremiah quickly placed the box he was holding into the dresser as he heard the door being unlocked. Cherie entered the room smiling with bags in her hands.