Chapter 4

Omniscient

Cherie stood with a drink in her hand, having a conversation with Lillian. She was currently at Emerald's birthday celebration, and it was fabulous. The nice and spacious building she'd rented was decorated in gold and black and there was a photo booth, open bar, and many more things. Emerald Green knew how to throw a party.

"I wonder who that is?" Lillian mumbled to herself, taking a sip of her drink.

"Who?" Cherie questioned, turning her head in the direction Lillian was looking in. She gasped, doing a double take as she saw Jeremiah, she had to be imaging things.

"Sexy isn't he?" Lillian smirked.

"He's alright." Cherie shrugged.

"Well I'm glad you don't think he's cute. I can have him all to myself. I'll be back."

"Wait." Cherie caught her arm. "Let him come to you first."

"Girl I am not one of those women, I go after what I want. And he," Lillian nodded her head towards Jeremiah, "is what I want."

"Just try it, I bet he'll come over here."

"If he doesn't come over here in a few minutes I'm going to shoot my shot."

"Okay." Cherie gave her a fake giggle, looking back to where Jeremiah was just standing. He was now gone.

Cherie threw the rest of her cocktail back before heading back over to the bar. "Cherie!" She heard Emerald's soft voice call.

"Yes?" Emerald made her way to Cherie, hooking her arm through hers.

"I want you to meet my husband. Do you want to get a drink first?"

"Oh no, I can come back."

"Alright, come on." They made their over to her husband. Cherie inwardly groaned as she saw Jeremiah standing next to who she assumed was Emerald's husband.

"Cherie this is my husband, Tucker. Tucker this is Cherie, a new associate at the company."

"Nice to meet you." Cherie shook hands with Tucker.

"Nice to meet you too." Cherie forced a smile.

"And this is Jeremiah, his friend and coworker."

"We know each other." Jeremiah's eyes raked over Cherie's body shamelessly. She had on a bodysuit with leather pants that looked like they'd been painted on, they were hugging her figure just that good. He couldn't wait to see her walk away so he could get a view of her back side.

"Oh really?" Emerald questioned, intrigued.

"Wait that's your Cherie?" Tucker questioned.

"Yeah, my Cherie." Cherie rolled her eyes at Jeremiah. She hadn't been his Cherie in two years.

"I'm going to head back over to the bar. Nice meeting you Tucker." She gave Tucker a smile before making her way to the bar.

"I'll be back." Jeremiah placed his drink down before following Cherie. He grabbed her arm softly, causing her to turn around.

"What do you want Jeremiah?"

"I want to talk."

"About?"

"Us."

"Here?" Cherie questioned, looking around the crowded party.

"Well maybe not here." Jeremiah paused before asking, "you want to go out to lunch tomorrow?"