Chapter 13

Omniscient

The twins ran over to Cherie and Jeremiah embracing them both in a hug as they walked through the door of the house. They'd just arrived in an Uber from the airport at Jeremiah's house, which was where they were staying for the week. It was Christmas eve, and they were staying for three days.

"What have y'all been up to?" Cherie questioned the twins.

"Nothing." they answered in unison.

"Have y'all been good for Santa?"

"Santa isn't real." Ryan spoke.

"Yes, he is!" Reign argued.

"No, he's not. Lexi said she found her presents in her mom's closet." Ryan folded her arms across her chest.

"Who is Lexi?" Jeremiah questioned.

"Her friend." Ryan informed him.

"Oh, well Santa is real, he just dropped her presents off early." Jeremiah lied. Ryan rolled her eyes, not believing him.

"You don't have to lie; I know he's not real."

"Cherie!" Jeremiah's mother exclaimed coming to give her a hug.

"Hey." Cherie smiled.

"You don't see me standing here?" Jeremiah questioned.

"Don't tell me you're jealous." His mother smirked, giving him a hug.

"A little bit." He admitted.

"Nobody can take your place, you're still my baby." His mother cooed, pulling back from the hug. "How was the flight?" She questioned.

"It was good, we had a little turbulence, but it wasn't bad." Jeremiah's mother nodded.

"Y'all hungry?" She questioned.

"Yes, you cooked?" Jeremiah questioned, sniffing the air. "I don't smell nothing."

"No, your dad is supposed to be on his way over here with some Chinese food."

"Ou that sounds good." Cherie licked her lips; it'd been a while since she'd had Chinese food.

"I know, he'll probably be here in the next fifteen minutes. Y'all can put y'all stuff upstairs."

Jeremiah grabbed he and Cherie's suitcases, and she grabbed the carry ons. Once they got upstairs to his old bedroom, they sat everything down.

"Can't remember the last time I was in here." Cherie chuckled, looking around the room, it'd changed a lot. There was a new black bedroom set, the walls had been repainted in a cream color, and his decor was now black and nude.

"Yeah, it's been a while." Jeremiah chuckled.

"It has." Cherie plopped down on the bed.

"Have you always had this mattress?" The mattress was nice and firm.

"Nah, my mama got it last year." Cherie nodded her head. "You want to test it out tonight?" Jeremiah smirked.

"No, I am not fucking you in your mom's house." Jeremiah sucked his teeth.

"You're lame." Cherie rolled her eyes.

After eating, Cherie and Jeremiah decided to take a ride to their own spot. Jeremiah burrowed his father's Dodge Ram truck, and they were now sitting on the back of it with a single blanket covering them. Surprisingly, it wasn't that cold, just a little breeze.

"I have a question." Cherie turned on her side to face Jeremiah.

"Shoot."

"Do you believe in true love?" She questioned.