Chapter 15

Omniscient

Everyone cheered as Jeremiah and Tucker cut the ribbon of their new sports agency. Today was the official grand opening and they couldn't be more thankful. Their agency had 5 agents, including themselves and a total of twenty clients. Emerald and Cherie had helped them get clients through their clients and some of the other agents had other connections.

After cutting the ribbon, everyone stepped inside of the building and began exploring. Cherie stood drinking some champagne, watching as Jeremiah worked his way around the room. She was so happy for him, he'd worked hard for this and it he was finally able to see how the hard work had paid off.

"I'm so proud of him." Cherie jumped at the sound of Jeremiah's mother's voice.

"You scared me." Cherie chuckled.

"Sorry." His mother chuckled.

"It's fine, but I'm proud of him too." Cherie smiled.

"Oh I know, you're just over here in a trance. Wherever he goes, your eyes and smile follows." Cherie tried to hide her blush.

"I can't help it. I literally witnessed how hard he worked and to see it all come together is amazing."

"It is." His mother smiled. "He told me that you did the interior designing. It looks good girl."

"Thank you." Cherie smiled.

"You're welcome."

Cherie talked to Jeremiah's mother for a few more minutes before she caught eyes with Jeremiah, and he waived her over. She finished her glass of champagne before walking over. He was talking to a few middle-aged men.

"Good evening." Cherie spoke to the men. They all gave her a smile, appreciating the way her sweater dress hugged her curves. Jeremiah noticed the men's eyes and placed his hand around Cherie's waist. "This is my girlfriend, Cherie." Cherie gave the men small smiles as she shook their hands.

"Excuse us." Jeremiah placed his hand on the small of Cherie's back and walked them over to a corner.

"Jealousy is not a good look on you." Cherie teased once they were out of earshot.

"I don't give a damn." Jeremiah chuckled. "Are you enjoying yourself?" He questioned.

"Yeah, I should be the one asking you that, it's your night." Cherie looked up at him smiling.

"I know, but I still want you to have a good time too."

"I've been watching you smile all night; my night's been going great." Jeremiah leaned down, placing a kiss on Cherie's lips. Cherie wiped her lip gloss from his lips as he pulled away.

"How's the night been going for you?" Cherie questioned.

"It's been good, I'm ready to go though." Jeremiah admitted.

"Why?" Cherie frowned.

"I'm tired of talking to all these people and I've been ripping and running all morning. I'm ready to lay down."

"Let's stay for atleast another hour, then we can go." Cherie tried to compromise, she didn't want him leaving his event so early.

"What about forty-five minutes?" Jeremiah questioned.

"Deal." Cherie laughed.

An hour and a half later, Cherie and Jeremiah were entering the house. Cherie sighed as she removed her stilettos from her feet. Her feet felt relieved the moment they hit the hard wood floors of the apartment.

"Can I get a foot massage?" Cherie questioned.

"Not tonight." Jeremiah laughed, if anything he was the one that needed a massage.