Wattpad Original
There are 11 more free parts

Chapter 75

Time Elapsed: 03:23:19

Severance stabbed both points of his closed war fans into the frosted metal of K-792's shoulder. It was like punching a knife through a tin can. Still difficult, but at least doable. He yanked them free, and little currents of electricity scattered up the Boss's frame.

Jack's suspicions had been correct: Sky Dance did mess with K-792's system. Depending on how much electric energy Severance pushed into the Boss, he could slow it down temporarily or even confuse it a little.

Now he snapped open his fans, murmuring, "Earth Dance." The volatile energy around him morphed into something softer and gentler. He kept an eye on the nearby Jack Coyote, mentally setting him as the focus target of his next skills.

"Restoring Step." The skill took over, prompting him to slice into the metal with uncanny precision. A surge of healing winds gathered around his weapons, which he then spun and threw off his fans towards Jack Coyote. It was a slightly weaker heal than Mend, but this way he still did some damage to the Boss.

"I will scatter your entrails across the earth, fleshbags." K-792 declared. This was followed by all its flamethrower barrels heating up. The metal glowed red in warning.

"Ward," Severance muttered, watching the two barrels facing Jack Coyote.

For his part, Jack Coyote didn't even blink an eye. He simply stated, "Endure," and then raised his shield. "Shield Block." He hunkered behind the slab of metal, brown light flowing around his feet.

Blue torrents of fire tore out of the barrels, completely engulfing the tank. Someone else took a small amount of damage in the party list, but Severance ignored them. Either Morning Glory or Softee's phoenix would look after them.

Icy winds abruptly howled up into the air from either side of the Boss. Mr Snowman and Valipn4ifw were taking advantage of the moment; while K-792 was spitting out fire, it wouldn't move as long as Jack Coyote didn't move.

Glancing up, Severance saw fog forming in the air above them. It sparkled as ice crystals grew within. The Cryomancers were going for a combo attack, then. He wordlessly dropped his gaze to the Boss. That meant it was up to him to stall for time.

The jets of fire started to thin.

"Restoring Step," he murmured. Jack's health jumped up to ¾ full. It was enough for now. Severance moved back a bit, then snapped a fan closed. "Sky Dance."

The second he felt the energy within change to something more turbulent, he narrowed his eyes on K-792. He was out of ice. Any further melee attacks would do very little.

He looked up again. The fog had expanded significantly, and it easily stretched out over all their heads. It was thick enough to block whatever small amount of daylight there was, casting them all in the deep shadow of the growing threat.

And it truly was a threat, if he'd learned anything about the AOE abilities of a Cryomancer. This was a combination he hadn't seen before, but he didn't dare underestimate it.

"Ten seconds," Valipn4ifw called out.

"You will fail," K-792 immediately stated. And as if to prove that, its optical lens began to swivel. "Targeting."

Oh no you don't. Severance smiled grimly. "Flare."

Instantly, thunder growled overhead. The fog turned blue in the center, lit by something falling from the sky. A bolt of pure energy pierced through, leaving little tendrils of electricity that scattered into the brewing storm.