63

****
AVIVA.

I sniffed and rubbed my face, Maria sat next to me, she was dressed in all black and looked like she was still in mourning. Coming back to this house was a little uncomfortable for me, not after knowing I was held there for a week. Donald was awful to me and I still remember how many times he visited me.

"I know that this is a bit much for you and after what happened with Donald, you might not consider us your family but we still do. We always tried to contact you but Eduardo Reyes would not allow us anywhere near you."

I looked away, not wanting to think of Eduardo and his God-awful family, I remembered how they threw me out like dirt.

"Aviva," she took my hand, "I know you and I have not known each other for long but you are the only heir, Donald had before his death, you are his legacy."

My mouth opened, did she not know that I shot the man?!

"I do," she answered my question, "I know about it but the world doesn't. After what he did to you, the least I could do is to right the wrong my brother has committed toward you."

"By giving me everything?" I asked, staring at the paperwork she gave me. Maria shrugged, "I am your aunt, Aviva, I care for you and your child and you will die faster if you are out there without protection. We can offer you protection," I did know what to do, Eduardo would have never agreed to this, getting involved with the cartel was a big deal but then again they were my family, and Eduardo's family were the one ruling now.

Eduardo was probably still sitting in jail, wondering what was going on outside. Of course, they will lie to him about my whereabouts, I am left with no choice but to do this, but to become what I was not. The head of the Mexican Cartel, this was huge. Something I would have never dreamt of in my life but here I was sitting, ready to sign the contract that would give me all of the properties that Donald had.

"Won't Donald be rolling in his grave right now? Knowing what you are doing," I asked with a mocking smile.

Maria shrugged, "Aviva, you need to sign the contract!" she encouraged and I reread the contract quietly before I signed the contract.

She smiled, "I..."

"Where is she?!" I heard a scream, from afar, "What the hell?" I muttered under my breath.

"I want her now!" I could recognize that voice! "Eduardo!" I said, blinking.

"Stay here!" Maria said and walked away, I followed her immediately if it was Eduardo then he was here to see me and I knew I promised myself to stay away no matter what but I just... I wanted to see him! To know that he was alright!

As soon as I got to the stairs of the foyer, I blinked seeing him, this was the first time in weeks since I saw his face. I was shocked, I could not believe that he was here! He was here.

"I want to fucking see her! Where have you kept this time Maria? In a shack?! Some fucking dungeons!" he yelled at my aunty.

"I did no such thing, Eduardo! Aviva is my niece and that child is carrying is also my family! I would never do anything to hurt her!"

"Well, the last time she was here! Aviva was almslr killed, starved and tortured by your brother!"

"I am not my brother Eduardo, you should have learnt that!" Maria snapped back with the same fervour. He could not see me, that was for sure, he had his gun in his hand and looked like he was going to shoot someone if I did not come out.

"I do not give a fuck!" he spat angrily, making him blink, I have never seen him this angry and worked up over anything.

"Where she is she, Maria?! Where the fuck is she?!" he screamed at her.