33

****

Eduardo.

"I am so glad we got that shipment back, imagine how much we would have lost just because of Rio," Alejandro shook his head and continued typing on the laptop.

"How is the search for Viktor?" I asked twirling my key chain around my hand leisurely. "Nothing, It seems that since a few weeks ago, he hasn't appeared anywhere, he fell out of the radar, I think he might be in a safe house somewhere."

"Check Alaska again, it is safer for those mother fuckers there." I was in a good mood, a very good one. Even with the Russians running around LA creating irrevocable chaos, it wasn't my business. I had my shipment back guarded and I had Aviva in my bed, technically I was in her bed but I was happy.

Things weren't going my way but with the way I beat Rio, I knew he would struggle for a few weeks. That was all I needed, the Russians carrying out attacks were a desperate attack that I didn't consider a threat.

That shipment was important to me and Rio had messed with it, I would have torn the city down to find him. I knew that he knew all my tricks, I should have known that with how much Rio hated me, he would never have surrendered. I loved and hated that we were on neutral ground and couldn't carry out enough assault.

"Viktor is important to whatever Rio is planning, finding Vuktor and taking him hostage will force the Russian to surrender Rio."

"Or they could come up with another one of their fucking plans and get him right back, we have to think the harder boss, he keeps playing all these tricks and games, we cannot afford it, anyone. Staying here is costing us a lot."

Alejandro was correct, I was needed back in Spain, Benito might look top of his game but it was only a matter of time. I was restrained because of everything that was going on but I couldn't stay here for much longer than June, and it was fast approaching. I needed to end the war and leave.

A knock came on the door, I looked up as Miguel entered the office, "Boss, the Albanians are here, They want to have a word with you."

Albanians? I never engaged with them, they didn't have strong families, and the direction that their internal struggles were going, they could crumble into themselves.

"Let them in," I stated, Alejandro furrowed his eyebrows, and we all stood as the old man matched in with his men, I walked toward him, with my hand stretched, "Mr. Jude, what are you doing here?" he smiled and shook my hand, If my guess was correct he needed my help.

"I... Needed to speak to you about something which is why I visited you."

"Alright, please have a seat, Carlos get Lisa to bring tea here," Carlos nodded and left the room, Two men stood behind Jude as I offered him a sit. I sat across from him, "You have a lovely house," he looked around my office."

"Thank you, Jude, So what do you have here for me today?" I asked.

"I believe that you have one of my possessions? Marco informed me and I am here to retrieve it."

I glanced at Alejandro, what was the old man on about? He shrugged, and I looked back at Jude, "Mr. Jude, I have no idea what possession of yours I have with me, can you elucidate?"

"My son visited Lorenzo Manici's club a week ago, we have searched for him throughout the time, Marco Manici was apparently business and wouldn't take guests until yesterday, we found out that you had him locked up because of some petty issues, I want him returned to us in an hour."

I wanted to throw my head back and laugh, but I let my expression blank, I still had no idea what and who exactly he was talking to, "who do you speak of? My memories have rid me of the possessions that I have taken."