17-♫- Give me Love Little Bird to Run A Thousand Miles

♫-Chapter seventeen

            “Here,” Teegan says, bending his face close to mine. My breathing stops as I hold my breath, my eyes wide when his lips are literally millimeters from me. His body heat is flush against me and I grip his arm tight, wincing when I feel a stinging sensation on my cheek.

            “Ow,” I whimper softly, screwing my face up tight in pain as he dabs my scrapped cheek with alcohol on a cotton ball.

            “Sorry,” me mutters, his eyes hard. I glance up at his face, a dark shading bruise beginning to form slightly below his eye, his lip crusted with blood in the left corner.

            Teegan sat tensely, his hand shaking with anger still as he tries to gently cleanse my wounds.

            I stay silent as his hand shakes uncontrollably and I wince again as he presses the swab against my cheek slightly to hard.

            Teegan abruptly, cusses, whipping his hand back and angrily tossing it out the car. He places his hands and head on the steering wheel, breathing heavily.

            I had never seen him this angry before. It was scary really.

            All I can remember is the way his eyes turned nearly black, the way the man looked after their fight…

            My heart pounds against my ribcage and I hesitantly, place a hand on Teegan’s shoulder. He doesn’t do anything as I move my hand and gently brush some of his hair from his forehead as he refuses to look at me.

            He probably just wanted to be left alone right now. After all, it was my fault he got a split lip and a black eye.

            Retracting my hand, I stifle a cry of alarm when Teegan’s hand shoots out and captures my wrist. Teegan tilts his face to me, still resting his cheek against his steering wheel and his eyes full of anger, torment and regret as he stares at me.

            My breath catches in my throat and I swallow hard when he intertwines out fingers together, resting them on his lap.

            “At least I didn’t break anything,” I murmur out, trying to shed some levity on his dark mood.

            Teegan sits up straight, a scowl on his face. “What happened isn’t funny Aria.”

            I purse my lips at him. “I know-“

            “No you don’t!” Teegan suddenly explodes. I jump in my seat, my hand snapping out of his in fear as his eyes turn the same murderous shade.

            Teegan blinks, regaining his surrounds. The dark shade in his eyes begins to dim to his usual steel grey ones and looking at me apologetically, he cautiously takes my hand again, his eyes never leaving mine.

            “You have no idea what could have happened,” Teegan mutters softly.

            My heart hammers against my chest and bite my lip.

            “If I wasn’t there, what would have happened?” Teegan exclaims, talking more to himself rather than me. “He would have-“

            He cuts himself off, pinching the bridge of his nose with his free hand in frustration

            “And to think that something could have happened to you- did happen to you,” he corrects himself, glancing at my scrapes and bruises. “Because of me. Because I stupidly left you alone-“