14-♪- She Said, You're Going To Lose That Girl

♪-Chapter-14

Aria:

            “You’ve got to be kidding me,” Trey mutters, sinking in his seat.

            I stare wide-eyed at Maria as she runs up to the van, her sandals slapping the ground and an enthusiastic smile to her face.

            “Who invited her?” Zach asks, muffled by his pillow as he groans.

            “Be nice,” Tro growls out, sliding the door open.

            “Hi guys!” Maria chirps.

            Half- heartedly grunts sounded out and I sat there awkwardly as Maria looks at me to the guys, searching for Teegan.

            “Where is Teegie pooh?” Maria pouts.

            “Teegie what?” Zach chokes out in disbelief.

            Before Maria can repeat the atrocious nickname however, Teegan walks out of the house lugging a cooler with drinks and snacks behind him.

            “Hey guys, we’re going to have so much-“ His voice dwindles when he spots Maria.

            His shoulders drop and I find myself wondering why he doesn’t seem happy to see Maria.

            “Baby!” Maria shrieks, Trey flinches and my hands travel up to my damaged ears. “Maria literally hops onto teegan, clinging onto him like a koala.

            “Why didn’t you tell me you guys were going on a road trip?” Maria pouts, her long legs wrapped around Teegan. I look down at my lap.

            “Maybe it’s because we didn’t want you,” Zach mutters.

            Tro punches Zach in the shoulder and Zach glares at him.

            Maria hasn’t seen me yet in the car. Zach begins to do weird hand symbols to me and I gawk at him in confusion.

            It was like he was doing gang symbols for ‘shank me’

            “What?” I hiss.

            He points frantically out the door and when I look, Teegan and Maria are coming to the car.

            Panicking, I duck my head so the hair falls over my face but that obviously wasn’t good enough because in the next second, I feel Zach grab me by the back of my head and yank my towards him.

            “Oof,” I choke out as I am crushed against Zach, my face pressed against his shoulder.

            “Get in the trunk,” he urges me.

            “Dude, really?” Trey asks Zach.

            “Idiots,” Tro mutters.

            “That’s my butt!” I cry out as Zach tries to flip me over the backseats into the trunk.

            “I know,” Zach says impatiently, pushing me hard.

            I lose my balance and flip over, my head banging against the trunk door.

            I whine an ow and Tro, trey and Zach all peer over the back seat to look at me. “She’s alive,” Trey says nodding.