𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐱𝐢𝐚

"𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐔𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒"

THE STARK SITS WITH HER DIREWOLF NEXT TO HER, the direwolf's head in Nyla's lap with the Stark's legs stretched out before her, leaning back on her elbows in front of a shimmering lake, the same lake her little sister, Arya's direwolf had attacked the prince earlier that day. Nyla watches as the slight wind in the air blows the leaves of the trees, creating small ripples that can barely be considered waves in the lake before her, and blowing through her loose dark hair as one of her hands moves through the soft fur of Onyxia.

"I won't let them hurt you, Onyxia," Nyla mutters to her direwolf as her hand continues to stroke the soft fur covering her. "I promise. No matter what." Nyla leans off her elbows and sits up straighter as if it would help get her point across to the direwolf with her head in Nyla's lap, oblivious to the danger that she's in. "I'll leave and take you with me if I have to." And she means what she says, too.

Nyla had always wanted to see the capital, King's Landing. And her father and two sisters are now meant to be seeing it with her, all of which she loves with her whole heart, along with the rest of her family.

But if she has to leave to protect Onyxia, she would do it in a heartbeat, without hesitation.

Perhaps if she went far enough North, she could find Jon. Because if Robert Baratheon wants Onyxia dead, he won't stop if Nyla takes her back to Winterfell. But if she makes it to the Wall, and leaves Onyxia with Jon until Robert lets it go, if he ever would, she should be safe there. If she ran, Robert would likely want her dead too, or Cersei would convince him he did, and maybe Nyla could find safety behind the Wall with her brother.

Or maybe they would sell her out to the King the second she arrived.

Either way, she would rather take that chance than just let Onyxia die without doing anything.

"I will protect you like I know you would protect me." Nyla pets her direwolf's head. "Just like Saerenya Targaryen and her dragon. The one I named you after. Onyxia."