Chapter 28 - Too good

There were roses and everything!

"Wahh even your father didn't do all that for me when we started dating!" My mothers face lights up with giggles through the small phone screen.

The area was so magical mom! There were fireflies and birds singing, I really thought it was a fairytale!

My enthusiastic signing caught the attention of my seat partner, aka my now boyfriend. He hasn't stopped smiling since we woke up this morning. Even when we had to say goodbye to camp, this man was in such a good mood that he was still smiling like a maniac while Felix was sobbing into his arms over missing the camp marshmallows.

"Aish I can't believe you've grown so much baby! It seems like only yesterday you moved in and introduced Hyunjin to us." She wipes her eyes discretely though the camera.

Mom? Are you crying?

"Crying? Yah who's crying? Personally I don't even know how to cry, never learned ahah.. ha.."

A warm giggle rings out next to me, I take this opportunity to angle the camera so we are both in frame. As soon as Hyunjin comes into view, my mother eyes sparkle. Not only was I obsessed with the boy, but my mother was also a major fangirl. She was charmed by his beauty and manners since day one.

"Oh hyunjin-ah! Nice to see you sweetheart!" Her voice becomes warm and sweeter when she talks to him. Extra sweet today since she's found out that he is her 'future son in law.' Her words not mine.

"Nice to see you too Mrs. Kim!" He smiles widely at the camera, I can practically hear my mother squealing at his cuteness.

"Your such a gentleman Hyunjin! No wonder my son is obsessed with you."

Hyunjin lifts an eyebrow my way while all I can do is try to control the redness in my face. My mother continues on despite her last comments.

"I trust you with him okay? He's been through a lot and he deserves all the love he can get." Her voice suddenly becomes serious on the topic of my health. She's so adamant about me being treated equal even with my problems. Hence the reason why she enrolled me in this school with nonverbal opportunities.

"Of course Mrs. Kim. He's everything to me, no matter his past or his condition." He pauses and looks at me as our noses brush due to our closeness, before turning back to the phone, "I promise I will take care of him for the rest of my life."

Butterflies erupt in my stomach as I dramatically hit his chest while burying my face into it. Sometimes he says somethings I simply cannot handle. That sounded like a hallmark movie... so embarassing.

I know for sure Felix and Yeonjun infront of us heard that due to the fact Felix had been peeking through the seat gaps the whole conversation. I can only imagine what they'll tell the rest of the group.

My mother on the other hand was squealing and licking her legs like a teenager. Yelling for my dad and asking why he hasn't been like this all these years.

After a few moments of calming her down, she remembers what she wanted to tell us.

"Oh uhm me and your father are actually going to go out for a few hours, so when you two come home, head straight for the cafe." She gets up and starts walking with the phone still in her hand as she grabs the keys, "Make sure you guys keep running the cafe during rush hour," She begins to put on her shoes with the phone resting so the camera faces the ceiling, "Oh and remind me to pay you Hyunjin for your work the other day too."